We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa in Cabanas 2015

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Villa in Cabanas 2015

Hi, Having holidayed in Cabanas last year, we loved it so much, we want to return in 2015 with friends but I'm struggling to find a suitable rental. We're looking for a 4 bed house with pool within 5-10 min walk of the promenade with restaurants & embarkation point for the boats.

Please, please could anyone help? I've searched all the usual online holiday rental websites but whilst there are lots of apartments, I can't find many villas unless they're driving distance from everything.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 11:35
Sheffield
Level Contributor
295 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

You could have a look at the Pedras da Rainha complex - they have villas with use of a pool.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

You may already have you checked the following websites?

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.homeaway.co.uk

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Tripadvisor also has rentals; you find them in the header of this page: "vacation rentals"

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

Thank you, it looks quite nice but we're not really looking for a complex, we'd rather rent a private villa just for us. Don't mind a shared pool but would rather it just be with one other house.

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

Thanks, yes those 3 are amongst those I've looked at (& use regularly) Very little for larger groups - will keep looking though, it's a year away.....

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g114678…

Sheffield
Level Contributor
295 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

There are very few (not sure that I recall actually seeing any) rental private villas in Cabanas that aren't part of a complex. As you've discovered, the majority of properties are apartments. You may have more luck if you try the outskirts of Tavira.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

Found this one in Conceicao so a little further to walk to the promenade:

tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1146…

Or this one in Cabanas itself:

theholidaylet.com/villa/…4610

Have you thought of looking for two smaller properties close to each other?

Leeds
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

Hi, we stayed in a beautiful 4 bed villa with private pool just behind the pink guest house in cabanas. We sorted it through a lovely lady, their website is www.mcdyreholidays.com although the villas aren't listed on the website, she can sort it out for you :)

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

Thanks Traciecous, will have a look at the link & contact the owner/manager.

Really appreciate the information

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa in Cabanas 2015

Thanks Papillon16,

Yes, have seen both these on various sites, we didn't want to be as far back as Conceicao, it is quite a trek if you do it both for the beaches & again in the evening every day - I've also found some large enough penthouse & townhouse apartments that are large enough to consider.

Get answers to your questions about Cabanas
Recent Conversations