We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tidal bore rafting

Which Maitland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
central florida
3 posts
Save Topic
tidal bore rafting

Just checking if anyone has any advise for an adventurous family wishing to do a tidal bore rafting trip this June 2014?

Any of the local companies better than the rest?

2hr? 4hr?

After our rafting trip, we will head to Moncton NB...

Thanks for the input...

5 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,045 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tidal bore rafting

If you do a google search with the name of each operator you should find any reviews that are out there. Here are two companies rated on Trip Advisor: tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1150010-d1…

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1150010-d2…

fundyfun.com/what-to-see/tidal-bore-rafting.…

I am not sure about the length of tour but when reading the reviews I get the idea that the extra time may be spent on other things. There is only so much time to ride the tidal bore.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tidal bore rafting

I've gone tidal bore rafting and loved it. Can't remember which company but it was a half day tour with a BBQ and the tour company also had a pool on the deck of the tour building. They were great. Basically we went for a ride on the zodiac while they explained how the bore works. Then we waited a few minutes for the bore to arrive. Rode the crazy waves until they ended, then we rode over to another area if the river and went mud sliding. After a bit back to land where we showered and cleaned up. Then it was time for a BBQ and a dip in the pool chill on the deck, etc. it was a wonderful day. Take old clothes and old shoes if you plan to go mud sliding. I lived in NS for 27 years and now l live elsewhere but return to NS at least once a year and tidal bore rafting is at the too of my list for best Nova Scotia experience for those who enjoy adventure.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 17:51
Halifax, Nova...
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tidal bore rafting

Wish I'd seen this much sooner, did you do your rafting trip? We went today, our third trip with Shubenacadie River Adventure Tours. As before, it was awesome, SO much fun. My DS is eight now, and has always been a water person and a great swimmer from very early on. We went for the first time when he was six and we were hooked! But you don't need to be a swimmer to enjoy this, my DH doesn't swim at all and still has a great time.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tidal bore rafting

Shubie River Wranglers by Emmett Blois...google his tidal bore rafting company. They get awesome reviews.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tidal bore rafting

Emmett Blois is also a bit of a local celebrity - he was on Big Brother Canada in case any tidal bore rafters watched the show.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 03:36
Reply to: tidal bore rafting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maitland