We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns for not scuba or snorkeling fans haha

Saltillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cairns for not scuba or snorkeling fans haha

So, I guess my question migth not be the typical question for cairns... but cairns was acording to tripadivsor a must. So, i'm going for my honeymoon to New Zealand, sydney and at the end cairns... So, my wife to be and i we are not big fans of snorkeling or scuba diving (We have in mexico a great reef also haha) so we are kind of lost on what to do in cairns.

Our original idea was maybe one day rent a car and go to port douglas and other place i dont remember the name know...

I accept suggestions....

Thanks to all...

Rodrigo

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns for not scuba or snorkeling fans haha

the highlight of that area is the reef but there are plenty of other great places to visit.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i16655-Great_si…

thanks to templc74

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns for not scuba or snorkeling fans haha

Hi Rodrgio

Lien has a fabulous list there - I was going to mention several things on it - but if there's anything in particular you're interested in we could give you specific recommendations.

Perhaps you're an animal fan? If so, the Rainforest Habitat at Port Douglas would be a great addition. They do a "Breakfast with the Birds" that's lots of fun.

Let us know!

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
221 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairns for not scuba or snorkeling fans haha

Yes - go to Daintree Rainforest and Mossman Gorge. Stay in Port Douglas because Cairns is really just a small city. PD has much more character I think. If you are in Cairns go to Crystal Cascades - nice for a swim and picnic.

Edited: 10 December 2009, 19:16
4. Re: Cairns for not scuba or snorkeling fans haha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2010, 05:19