We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation recommendations for Honeymoon

Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation recommendations for Honeymoon

I am thinking about cairns as a honeymoon destination.

i've been there before and stayed in a caravan park and ha da fantastic time but want to find something nicer and romantic for our honeymoon.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Does not to be in cairns city cause thinking of renting a car anyway so port douglas is an option to.

thanks emma

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation recommendations for Honeymoon

Palm Cove is like honeymoon central. Or an island.. Also have Fitzroy Island resort opening AGAIN lol, just a short ferry from Cairns. Also Double Island is now open for regular guets. It is just off Palm Cove, Used to be whole of island rental only.

If it were me I would go to Elandra Resort which is 1.5 hours driving south from Cairns. Not as touristic as Port Douglas or Palm Cove so good for those that want less rather than more.

Level Contributor
140 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation recommendations for Honeymoon

The Shangri-La Hotel is right next to the marina and wharf in Cairns and will give you a great opportunity to get out to the reef easily.

I highly recommend their Horizon Club rooms which include breakfast, snacks, afternoon tea and evenign drinks and canapes in an executive lounge.

3. Re: Accomodation recommendations for Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 05:17