We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apollo motorhomes - stay away

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
apollo motorhomes - stay away

I noticed with interest some of the comments from other users of Apollo Motorhomes and their service experiance

I have just returned from a fabulous trip, Brisbane to cairns, with my family, spoilt only by the rude service recieved from Apollo Motorhomes in Cairns.

Through my own neglect I had arrived with little time to get to the airport. Having just filled the van I expected no further problems, other than a charge to empty the toilet, which we hadn't used as it smelt so disgusting.

My reception at Apollo was horrendous, with their representative showing a "couldn't care less - your problem" attitude. I cleared the van of all rubbish and was surprised to be told that it had not been filled. With a little discussion we agreed that I could perhaps have been able to squeeze in 4 or 5 more litres. I agreed to pay for these.

Imagine my surprise when I was then charged for 18 litres (1/3rd of a tank) at $5 per litre (pump rate is $1.45) as well as excessive cleaning charges. I think this was my "man with attitudes" way of putting me in my place!

Australia has a major problem with service and Apollo is typical of this. No care, no empathy and vexacious action.

I would not recommend Apollo to anyone who was looking to travel. Shop around, there are far better companies that actually care about their customers and their experiance

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
1. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 01:49
2. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 09:35
Bodegraven, The...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

Hi Paul S

We didn't have that problem at all.

We picked up our Apollo Euro Tourer from the Brisbane branch and I definitely don’t regret it! At first the staff gave us a little tour through the vehicle as it is a bit different from your own car. It was very spacious and we could easily fit al our stuff in it. After we had put all our belongings where we wanted, we started testing.

For those who doubt about taking a vehicle from Apollo… Just do it! We had an awesome time!!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Albion Park Rail
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

My husband and I had the worst holiday ever with apollo campers

the motorhome leaked like a rippling river thru the floor one of the sky lights leak and water was coming in the kitchen window.

we pick it up on the friday at 8am and had it back sat at 8am could not stand walking around on wet towels. As I said to the people in the office, if I wanted to be wet I would of bought a tent

They were very apologetic and told me they couldn't refund until monday as head office not open. I was told to ring monday, I rang monday and no one answered, so rang head office and they put me thru to sydney, they said will sort out now and ring back ASAP that was 1.15pm monday I had to ring back tuesday at 3pm still no answer, I had to chase up over and over again

then I sent an email stated that I have had legal advice and that if my email doesn't get answeredI will be getting my solicitor to start legal action and they will be paying my legal costs as this is their responsibility. Email was confirmed that day (funny hey). Told me refund would take 2 weeks to get back into my account. We had a red light infringement notice and they took money out of my account that day. So very quick to take money out, VERY SLOW to put back in when its their fault

I will never recommend apollo and at every chance I tell everybody I know about the dramas at apollo campers

DONT GO THROUGH THEM

Edited: 06 March 2013, 10:56
Albion Park Rail
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

My husband and I had the worst holiday ever with apollo campers

the motorhome leaked like a rippling river thru the floor one of the sky lights leak and water was coming in the kitchen window.

we pick it up on the friday at 8am and had it back sat at 8am could not stand walking around on wet towels. As I said to the people in the office, if I wanted to be wet I would of bought a tent

They were very apologetic and told me they couldn't refund until monday as head office not open. I was told to ring monday, I rang monday and no one answered, so rang head office and they put me thru to sydney, they said will sort out now and ring back ASAP that was 1.15pm monday I had to ring back tuesday at 3pm still no answer, I had to chase up over and over again

then I sent an email stated that I have had legal advice and that if my email doesn't get answeredI will be getting my solicitor to start legal action and they will be paying my legal costs as this is their responsibility. Email was confirmed that day (funny hey). Told me refund would take 2 weeks to get back into my account. We had a red light infringement notice and they took money out of my account that day. So very quick to take money out, VERY SLOW to put back in when its their fault

I will never recommend apollo and at every chance I get I tell everybody I know about the dramas at apollo campers

DONT GO THROUGH THEM

Edited: 06 March 2013, 10:57
6. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Albion Park Rail
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

Hi Melanie

interesting that you replied so quickly to this post, none of this wouldn't have happened if we had received proper customer service. Like I said it is taking the company 2 weeks to put the money back into my account, yet it took the same day to take money out for infringement

I don't dispute the infringement, we did go thru a red light, but as we were rushing back to drop off our disaster motorhome, we probably wouldn't of got one, and then to be charged $75 just for admin. fees with the infringement, MY GOD what more are you guys going to take out.

But I'm sure you will find more excuses to deduct money so quickly

There is actually no more that you can do unless speed up the time to give the money back. But I'm not holding my breathe.

Kelly

8. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

Perth, Western...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

DO NOT BOOK YOUR MOTORHOME RENTAL WITH APOLLO! I am not one for posting on Trip Advisor but I want to warn people about Apollo. We recently hired the Euro Tourer motorhome through the Melbourne Depot. The whole office was unprofessional and run by backpackers. When they brought the vehicle around, there was a man spraying Glen 20 in the toilet, there was no bedding or towels in the vehicle (this is after a 15 - 20 min wait) and no sign of the "Welcome Pack" as indicated in the vehicle description on their website.

During our holiday, we had various problems with the vehicle, particularly the toilet as it was very smelly and leaked on the floor. We even came across other travellers with the same vehicle complaining about their Apollo motorhome and the problems they experienced.

Worst of all is the appalling delay in getting the bond refunded. They told us it took up to 15 working days, we are now into the 18th day and still no refund! I have tried calling the Queensland office to speak with accounts and couldn't get to speak with anyone so I left two messages on different days with no response. I then emailed - finally a response but again only to say it takes 15 working days for a refund and to apologise for the delay - not good enough!. We had to pay $5000 bond with over $100 in credit card surcharge. Can you imagine how much more money Apollo is making on interest alone by holding all their customers bond longer than they should! Disgusting! Pay the extra money and book through anyone else but Apollo!

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Queensland
Queensland
Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: apollo motorhomes - stay away

i was just about to confirm my booking with apollo out of melbourne.

thankyou tripadvisor, i will now look elsewhere.