We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery shopping in Palm Cove

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,688 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
grocery shopping in Palm Cove

I am heading to Palm Cove in January for a week with my husband and a friend from Sydney. We have an apartment with a small kitchen, and while we do plan on taking in some of the wonderful restaurants for dinner, we still would like to cook "at home" a few nights as well. Are we better off going into Cairns to load up with groceries for breakfast and picnic lunches? At least I hope we can have some picnics... I know it will be wet season!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery shopping in Palm Cove

Hi,

At Palm Cove you have a bottle shop / Chemist / General Store & a few others. For grocery shopping you are best to shop at Clifton Beach, only a 5 minute drive from Palm Cove. Plenty of restaurants & cafes in Palm Cove.

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery shopping in Palm Cove

Hi

You can head to Clifton Beach they have quite a large supermarket there where you can pick up your supplies it is only a about 5mins down the road by car.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery shopping in Palm Cove

There is also Smithfield Shopping Centre on theCaptain Cook Hwy on the way to Palm Cove. If you are after a bit of a Cairns experience Rustys markets in the city (between grafton and Sheridan St) has lots of local produce and at this time of year you'll start to get cheap mangoes, lychees and bananas - they are generally seconds and thus have superficial marks but are still super tasty!

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grocery shopping in Palm Cove

If you don't have a car to get to the supermarket at Clifton beach, there are taxi's and buses available.

Tracy

5. Re: grocery shopping in Palm Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 05:16