We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Racing

Kyabram
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Racing

Can you take your own lunch including wine to races in Innisfail? At the meeting on October 19, 2013 what catergories are ther in Fashions on the Field ? Why doesn't Innisfail rate as a region on trip advisor?

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Racing

If you do as I've just done and Google Innisfail races you'll find www.innisfailraces.com where you should find the info you need - there are also contact details.

As for not rating a forum listing I guess maybe not enough people are asking questions about Innisfail - it's a very pleasant town but not quite as much of a 'tourist destination' as other places.

Kyabram
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Racing

Thanks for your input . I have opened the race club's web site and none of my questions are answered there, I have emailed and phoned the contact person shown on the club's web site but still no response but I suppose things move more slowly up there. The key - I am trying to organise my trip before I leave!

Alligator Creek...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Racing

This person is the contact shown in my NQ Calendar Contact: Kellie: 0418 182 595 and here's the Facebook page for Innisfail Turf Club https://www.facebook.com/InnisfailTurfClub - hopefully they will help with your queries. At Townsville races you are not allowed to take any food and drink in, but Innisfail might be different.

With a population of just 10,000 Innisfail does not figure very high on tourism sites and is usually included with Cairns although it's some distance away.

Kyabram
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Racing

Thanks for your input .I had already left a message on Kellie Harrison's phone and emailed her but no reply as yet . I had also seen the facebook page and the web site for the Club which appears to have not been updated since April this year. Maybe Innisfail is a "sleepy hollow" although I do read that they get 6000 people to the Annuals in October (the race meeting we hope to go to on October 19) so people must come from all over! Bit like the Snake Gully Cup @ Gundagai this coming November 15 where the town is booked out and 6000 attend. At least one is table to get information on this particular race meeting well before it occurs --as you would understand reasonably important if one is to book accomodation etc

Kyabram
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Racing

I have had a break through .Received a flyer from Kellie Harrison this morning which says it all !! Should be on their web site and there facebook page Hope to be there --with bells on!

6. Re: Horse Racing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:18