We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips and Must See

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Day Trips and Must See

Hi,

I am going to be spending 7 weeks in Vellore. I am working during the week but have weekends free. What are some day trips and weekend trips people would suggest. I am also planning on spending a few days in Dehli and traveling t Taj Mahal at the end. How much time would people recommend for that? Thank you in advanced for the help!

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Vellore
Vellore
Vellore District, India
Jalakandeswarar Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Sripuram Golden Temple
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Vellore Fort
Sacred & Religious Sites
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips and Must See

Hi...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

Weekend options from Vellore would be Yelagiri, Chennai, Bangalore, Yercaud, Hoggenakal, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Gingee Fort, Tiruppathi etc. I have listed places which can be reached in less than 3 hrs from Vellore. Delhi and Taj Mahal would require a minimum of 3 days if you intentd to go around Delhi.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 18 March 2014, 03:40
Mentioned in this post
Vellore
Vellore
Vellore District, India
Yelagiri
Yelagiri
Vellore District, India
Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras)
Chennai District, India
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Mahabalipuram
Mahabalipuram
Kanchipuram District, India
Pondicherry
Pondicherry
Union Territory of Pondicherry, India
Gingee Fort
Gingee Fort
87 Reviews
Gingee, India
2. Re: Day Trips and Must See

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2016, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Vellore