We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More...Safari Booking

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
More...Safari Booking

I browsed throuh rajasthanwildlife.in website for safari booking and found 4 options for safari bookings - Ranthambore NP Zone, Kundal, Chidikho and Balas.

Are Kundal, Chidikho and Balas also parts of the Ranthambore reserve?

Are there tigers in these zones as well?

What is the difference between Ranthambore NP Zone and these 3 places?

Lastly, is www.rajasthanwidlife.in the only site to make safari bookings?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More...Safari Booking

Ranthambhore National park is divided into six zones. Tiger can be seen any of these zone. They allow 8 vehicles in each zone per day. Yes, thats the only site for online booking.

Edited: 29 November 2010, 08:35
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More...Safari Booking

Upon checking on Rajasthan Wildlife site, I found that safari bookings for "Ranthambore NP Zone" are most in demand while bookings for Chidikho and Balas are more easily available (even available during the new year holiday?). What is the reason that these zones are less in demand? Are there no (or fewer) tigers in these zones in Chidikho and Balas sections.

I agree that tiger sightings cannot be guaranteed but I would atleast like to give myself the maximum chance of spotting one since such an opportunity does not come often in life.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More...Safari Booking

Tiger sighting is possible in all the six zones, except the buffer zone. I have sighted tigers in Zone 1 and 4 in last October. As far as I know, people can buy tickets for the safari but the zone is selected by the forest authority. This is the first time I came to know that, the safari booking can be done for the specific zone.

Edited: 02 December 2010, 10:36
London, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More...Safari Booking

Have seen tiger in zone 1, about a week ago :o) Good luck.

melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More...Safari Booking

Hi

I am arriving on 27th Jan dep 29th Jan and spending 2 nights at Tiger Machan although not sure if i'm going to be looking forward to it hence all the bad reviews. Anyhow, have looked on the Ranthambhore Safari site and its booked out for the dates i'm there. Do i arrive and try again or will i miss out. Whats the best option.

Help

Steph

Edited: yesterday, 10:27

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More...Safari Booking

Ask the front desk of the hotel, whether thay can manage the safari for you. If you feel, you may contact Ranthambhore Regency, ask Mr Ravindra Jain for the same. I have experience of such incidence, which he had handled efficiently.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: More...Safari Booking

what are the names of the diffrent and what no. is assignd to the "ranthambore np zone" and in which zone is tiger sighting is most probable?

melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More...Safari Booking

Hi drAG0007

I did get the accommodation to book the safari (more expensive than on the website) I did the early morning safari (freezing cold) unfortunately did not see any tigers, neither did the afternoon tour....which i did not go on. Apparently at a certain time of year the tigers come down lower so there are more sightings but I cannot remember what time of year they said.

9. Re: More...Safari Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 14:19