We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Illegal Safari Bookings at Ranthambore?

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Illegal Safari Bookings at Ranthambore?

Here is a comment I have picked up from Facebook. -

Quote -

" How does the illegal safari booking software work?

When you book online at - rajasthanwildlife.com/make_your_trip/Ranthmb… - you first have to mention the seats on the safari date, then fill up the names and then proceed for payment. Just before you enter the payment gateway you reach a window where you are first asked about your credit card information. Here there are four options - (1) Credit Card (2) Debit Card (3) Net Banking (4) Pay Online. The first three options are obvious - though the credit cards and net banking options mostly do not work (while Debit card does work sometimes). Ever wondered what the fourth option "Pay Online" is. That my friend is the so called "illegal software." When you and I choose this option it will ask you for your credit card details. No matter what you fill you will always get an error message saying that the CVV is not correct (even though you never fill in the CVV). If you have paid Datainfosys for the "software" then you can deposit money in their current account and they will give you a 16 digit number (code) that you are to fill in here. Voila the next step just asks you to press a pay now button and the safari is booked. The payment will be debited from the amount that you have deposited in the Datainfosys current account and you have the safaris booked.

A couple of years ago some of us including me made a big deal about the software and Datainfosys faced a lot of flank. They gave an undertaking to the forest department that there is no such software and that everyone has to book through the same website. But since they had a taken a lot of money from a lot of people here, they had to do something for the local agents too. So they incorporated the "software" in the portal itself as this "Pay Online" option.

Locally there are about 45 odd people with the codes. If you could get the current account records of Data Infosys from September 2013 till now you will see deposits of nearly Rs 1 crore from local agents, which is payment for booking jeeps using the "Pay Online" option.

Now you know Ranthambhore's worst kept secret - this has been going on for over 5 years now."

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Illegal Safari Bookings at Ranthambore?

Stunning information about Ranthambhore, surely they are making a lots of money by this

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Illegal Safari Bookings at Ranthambore?

Here is an interesting blog - www.cougar-rides.com/blog/saving-ranthambore

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Illegal Safari Bookings at Ranthambore?

shocking but I guess it is true, nowdays safari bookings is also a money making business.

4. Re: Illegal Safari Bookings at Ranthambore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Ranthambore National...