We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Hi - this is the first time I've booked a safari at Ranthambore through http://www.rajasthanwildlife.in/. My questions are:

1. Now that I'm holding a 'Booking Confirmation Slip', do I have to report to the Forest Booking Centre 45 minutes before the safari to collect the Boarding Pass?

2. Where do I make the balance payments (vehicle rent, guide fee)?

3. For my earlier safaris at Ranthambhore booked through the hotels. I just had to wait in front of the hotel and the Canter/ Gypsy would pick me up. Is it different for an online booking?

Thanks,

Uday

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Just ask your hotel to help you with the coordination. Some do it for free and some take a service fee

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Thank you npjai.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

In my opinion as you have book it online so you have to arrive at the forest office and there you can make the rest of the payment.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Thanks Arpit for your answer. However, I also checked with another friend who had booked his own safari online, and he confirmed that this is a facility the hotel-owners extend to the guests, at a small fee (some do it for free).

I'll be doing the safaris in mid-June, and will come back to this topic to share my feedback, provided it stays alive till then:)!

Cheers.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

True to what npjai and my other friend stated, my hotel has offered to handle the collection of boarding pass ("release the safari" as they say), at no extra charges.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
42 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Can you tell us , which hotel is this?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

I'll be staying at Hotel Green View, Sawai Madhopur. You may like to have a look at my review of this hotel, from my last visit.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Dear Udayadittya

you can ask your hotel owner Mr Vishnu singh ( green View) for safari gate pass, I hope he will help you for collecting your boarding pass from the forest department. I know him he is very kind and gentle person.

Rifa Tours india

Edited: 10 April 2014, 09:21
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
42 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

Thank you Udayadittya . Useful info.

10. Re: Collection of 'Boarding Pass'?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:16