We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

Surrey
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

I am hoping to visit in Feb 13 and will be coming from Delhi. I understand that there are a number of transport options but would welcome advise on flights,trains, cars or a combination of all in getting to Wildflower Hall.

Also does Feb see much snow and therefore any disruption?

Thank you

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

There was quite a lot of snow fall in Feb2012. To get a sense have a look at

…indiatimes.com/topic/Shimla-snowfall.

You could consider taking the train all the way to Shimla and get the hotel to send you a car to pick you up at Shimla. The Kalka Shimla train journey is slow but delightful and probably subject to less disruption.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,348 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

reganSurrey

I would suggest to avail train from Delhi to Kalka and toy train (Shivalik Exp) from Kalka to Shimla. What you get in toy train journey is more than you get in Shimla and surroundings. Ask the hotel to send a cab for the pick-up from Shimla railway station.

Shimla had record snowfall in the last winter. When the toy train service was disrupted for 2 days only.

Edited: 16 November 2012, 15:21
Surrey
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

Thank you for your replies this is very helpful

Shimla, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your query.

Please note that February is the peak of winter. The most convenient option is to take a short flight (50 minutes) from New Delhi to Chandigarh. From Chandigarh, road and train are the only options of travel to Shimla. Wildflower Hall is located at a 30 minute journey from Shimla. The road journey from Chandigarh to Wildflower Hall takes 4 hours.

Due to the snow, road may be a better option as Shimla does not receive too much snowfall. We are at a higher altitude than Shimla. Roads may be blocked temporarily if there is heavy snowfall as you exit Shimla for a patch of 6-8 kilometres before reaching Wildflower Hall.

I am reachable at my direct email "sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com" for any further assistance you may require.

Best regards,

Abhishek Sharma

General Manager

Wildflower Hall

Chharabra, Shimla - 171012

Telephone number - +91-177-2648585

Facsimile number - +91-177-2648686

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com

5. Re: Staying at Wildflower Hall travel advice from Delhi please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2016, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Mashobra