We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Nubra Valley

Kolkata
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Nubra Valley

I am a senior citizen and I would tarvel to Nubra Valley from Leh during 6-7 September 2013 with my wife. We are quite healthy. However, In this regard I like to have some guidance from experienced persons in the the following areas:

1. Papers/photograph to be carried along with us.

2. Garments/other equipment to be taken with us.

3. Any medicine to be taken with us to take care of altitude sickness.

4. Any oxygen cylinder to be carried with us to take care of oxygen shortage at higher altitude.

5. Any other precautions/gadgets to be take with us.

My e-mail address is: csengupta124@yahoo.com

Chandan Sengupta, New Town, Kolkata

6 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Nubra Valley

Hi Mr. Sengupta,

You cannot straightaway travel to Nubra. Its a long distance from Leh.

I will suggest that you spend a day in Leh and acclimatise and just roam around.

The next day you can take a cab to Nubra and stay there ; its the most peaceful place I have seen!

No paperwork is required to visit Nubra. The temperature is always cool there so you may wanna take some heavy jackets along. If it rains in Nubra, it can get very Chilly!

HOpe this helped!

I will be there around 10th Sept! See you :)

2. Re: Travel to Nubra Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 14:27

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Nubra Valley

Again : stop posting guesses . There is no single dose preventive altitude medicine . Diamox/acetazolamide regimen starts 24 hours before landing , two times per day , and ends second or third day after arriving. See the advice from International Society for Mountain Medicine ( shortlinked at http://korta.nu/prev ) CDC ( http://korta.nu/cdcalt ) , or any other reputable medical source. The hospital in Leh routinely treat people with AMS every day , in most cases without any big drama : a few hours or overnight with oxygen. In high season there is now a oxygen bar as well in Changspa .

Nubra is actually lower than Leh , but you need two acclimatization nights before crossing the Khardung La ( not the worlds or even Ladakhs highest road , but still quite high at 5300+ meters . )

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Nubra Valley

Hi csengupta124

I visited last year in September & recently my 65 years old brother visited Leh in July

1 They need only photoID proof for Inner line permit for visit to Pangong, Nubra,Tsomoriri Lakes

2 Pleasant time in September,have woolen jackets with you

3 You should take with you general medicines along with Diamox

4 Most of time oxygen is not required, Nubra altitude is lower than Leh but you have to cross highest Khardungla pass

5 Acclimatisation is very important, complete rest on arrival day

Pangong visit in last

Inner line permit is needed

Local travel is costly so try to share it

Kolkata
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Nubra Valley

Thanks a lot for the inputs which will be very helpful for me.

Kolkata
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Nubra Valley

Thanks a lot for the inputs. All these would be highly helpful.

Reply to: Travel to Nubra Valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nubra Valley
Recent Conversations