We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuranda and sky rail

england
Level Contributor
85 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Kuranda and sky rail

Cruising from Sydney, stopping at Yorkey's Knob. Have done some research and would like to do the Kuranda (train) and sky rail and get back to ship in plenty of time, is this possible to do independantly or would it be best to go on one of the ships organised trips.

4 replies to this topic
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuranda and sky rail

Compare prices, from my experience cruise ships generally highly inflated prices on the tours offered in port.....

Edited: 11 September 2013, 21:25
Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuranda and sky rail

SO who is best operator to book through to do Kuranda train and skyrail back??

Northland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuranda and sky rail

we also are doing a cruise stop at yorkeys knob. can you tell us what you did and how it went please. thanks

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,836 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuranda and sky rail

It's possible to book a train/Skyrail combo for Kuranda online at the Skyrail website:http://www.skyrail.com.au/tours/skyrail-kuranda-rail

They offer transfers from the Yorkeys Knob Boating Club, which I assume is near where the cruise ship docks.

When you book online, you can see what times are available for the train and the Skyrail and if it will work with the time constraints that your ship is in port. I am sure that booking this yourself will be much less than what's offered by the cruise ship. The only advantage to the ship's tour is that if the times are tight, the ship always waits for the ships' excursions to return.

I have done a train/Skyrail combo on my own and it worked fine, but I wasn't on a cruise ship, so I wasn't so concerned with timing.

Reply to: Kuranda and sky rail
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yorkeys Knob
Recent Conversations