We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gluten free beer in barbados

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
gluten free beer in barbados

we are planning our first trip to Barbados in November for a wedding & can hardly wait. My husband is celiac, I've read some old posts on GF restaurants, but haven't seen anything on GF beer. Does anyone have any updates? We hope to see the whole island with our home base being in the christchurch area, we think. Many thx

Bridgetown, Barbados
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

Hi there isn't any gluten free beer in Barbados, not that I know about or have drank :) you might find in a supermarket that carries a wide variety of beer and can do the check for yourself, but at this point our local beer "Banks Beer" isn't gluten free.

If you need any other information please feel free to ask.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

Isn't Budweiser gluten free?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

Don't count on any being here.. and I'm not sure how much is a "wide variety", Barbadoswelove, for a supermarket.. but there isn't a "wide variety" of beers offered on the island in general.. 5 or 6 maybe.. 10 if you are lucky.. ..

Edited: 14 August 2014, 04:38
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

Tlcrn5

The largest selection of beers on the island you would find at Massy Stores. They have about 11 different brands I know of. Sadly none of these are gluten free.

Banks, Deputy, 10 Saints, Hairoun, Carib, Heineken, Budweiser, Piton, Red Stripe, Stag, Corona.

Regards

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

thanks for your replies ... we have been very lucky in alberta to have several types of GF beer available.

I guess my hubby will have to stick to red wine!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

Sorry Budweiser is NOT GF. Ambev or whatever they are called now says it is not GF.

7. Re: gluten free beer in barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2017, 19:17