We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

Hi guys

I have done a bit of digging and have come up with 3 places that i like the look of but have no idea which would be the best for views/comfort when visiting the terraces: Have you heard of either the:

1)Tian Ti hotel, (http://www.ljttlg.com/),

2) JinTian Hotel http://www.ljjtjd.com/6.asp) or

3) Panorama hotel (quanjinglou) (quanjinglou.com/quanjinglouintroduction/intr…)? I

Can anyone offer any advice?

Much appreciated!

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

It seems you means the lodging in Jinkeng rice terrace.

well,Tiantou village is located at the hillside of Jinkeng,most of hostels and hotels located there.because there are 3 view points located Jinkeng separately,So Tiantou village can easily reach to any view points that begin from there. Panorama hotel is located in the highest place of Jinkeng rice terrace,too many Chinese tourists stay there and difficult to reach there if you take many luggages.Wan jing lou hostel,Dazhai hostel is located between Tiantou village and Panorama hotel.

YANGSHUO
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

I think more choices in Ping-an village about accomodations, there are a couple of nice hotels such as Ping-an hotel, Star- wish resort, Shenglongtang hotel and Li-an Lodge,ect. but Li-an Lodge is very expensive.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

Pingan has more choices, but is more touristy. Dazhi gets fewer tourists and has cheaper places to stay. I stayed at Tiantouzhai Village Jin Tian Hotel (around 60-100Rmb for a room with western style toilet). It was fine, and views are excellent. Food is ok and English is spoken. Panorama Hotel is right at the top - nice to walk there, but no need to stay there. I don't know the Tian Ti Hotel.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

Hi, I have a question regarding hot spring accomodation in Longsheng area. It seems the hot spring accomodation is in Jiangdixiang 江底乡. That is not very convenient given my below plan.

Are there hot spring places closer to Longji 龙脊 (Dazhai 大寨,Pingan 平安, Heping 和平)? If so, please recommend.

My plan:

Day1: Leave Guilin in the morning. Hike around Ping an/Da zhai. Stay in Da Zhai for the night.

Day2: More hiking in Ping an/ Da Zhai area. Then leave for somewhere nearby with hot springs. Stay in that location for the night. (Recommendations??)

Day3: Head by towards Guilin/Yangshuo.

5. Re: Which place to stay for the Dragon's terraces?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 05:29