We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

Which Ranakpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manipal, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

Hello everyone

If we hire a cab, I am pretty sure(please correct me if i'm wrong) that we can cover Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh in a single day starting from Udaipur and go back to Udaipur by evening .I would like to know if the above trip can be covered by using public transport (buses/sharing taxis) .Any information regarding the frequency of buses in these routes will be highly useful.

thanks in advance.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 21:35
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

You can cover the mentioned places in one day with public transport but my suggestion will be hiring a private chauffeur driven car which will make things flexible for you. Good luck

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

If you want to visit the places in track you should probably get a cab. It will be flexible as to where you want to stop when you want to start, how much time you want to stop... My vote goes for cab

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

By Taxi you can covet both places and by public transport you can cover one in a day because of frequenty of Bus and connectivity of Bus.

8:30 Am bus start from Roadways bus stop reach to Ranakpur Jain temple before 12 noon and take a bus to back around 2:30 pm or 3:30 pm.

Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur in a day is difficult to do by Bus in a day

Have. A good day

Manipal, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

Thank you all for your valuable information ,I am travelling alone with a limited budget so hiring a cab would be very expensive for me.I will see if I can find someone to share a cab with and if not will check the rates of cabs and decide accordingly.Does anyone have an idea how much the cab might charge approximately.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Manipal, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

Actually I have two options

1.Reaching udaipur from jodhpur by overnight bus checking in udaipur and go for kumbhalgarh and ranakpur and reach udaipur by night.

2.Instead of travelling in a overnight bus hiring a cab the next morning from jodhpur to udaipur via kumbhalgarh and ranakpur and reach udaipur by night.(Is this feasible in one day even in buses and how much the cab might approx charge)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

if you are budget traveler. Suggest you to di the tour with Bus, sharing taxi may not very easy to find.

Instead of kumbhalgarh fort make a tour of Chittaurgarh fort another UNESCO site which is easy to do by public transport / Bus .

A taxi for ranakpur and kumbhalgarh estimated 2100/- rupees .

Manipal, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

Thank you udaipurmagic for your advice on Chittaurgarh .After Udaipur I am planning to take the RSRTC 3:45 AM bus to Chittaurgarh which will reach chittaurgarh at around 7AM .Again I will have to catch a train from Chittaurgarh to Bundi at 15:45 .Will it be sufficient to see Chittaurgarh fort ,museum,and jain temples.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

It is very much sufficient time to visit fort of chittaurgarh - also check public transport - autorikshwa for fort visit. Kumbha palace , Jain temple , Mwera temple, Victory tower, Johat sthal , water rank are all walking distance once you cross the tickets window , rest part , Kirti tower, kali temple padminj mahal is in distance

You can hire an auto in rupees 200-300/- to see all.. These monuments can cover all inn2-3 hours

New Delhi, India
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

Hello msvarma, I am also planning to visit Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur from Udaipur in one day. Would be interested to know your experience of the trip. How much time did it take you? I have heard that Ranakpur temples are not open to non Jains before 12 noon. Is it correct? Thanks in advance.

10. Re: Ranakpur and Kumabhalgarh itinerary by BUS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Ranakpur