We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

I am planning for a honeymoon trip to Sikkim during January, 2014 (last weekend). I couldn't decide the places to be visited except Pelling. I wish if I you suggest me some place where we can get a glimpse of snowfall. I want to spend 4-5 nights in Sikkim and my budget for hotel's rooms are around 2500 INR per night.

It would be great help if you share some valuable information.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
230 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Hi Diganta,

With 4-5 nights including Pelling you can do Pelling and Gangtok only. Chance of snowfall in these places is very rare. But for snowfall your best bet would be Tsomgo lake and Nathula Pass. These places are even blocked sometimes for excessive snowfall in January if the weather is extreme. Even then the road-blockage is cleared within 1-2 days. Your tour plan can be as below for 4 nights.

D1 - Reach Gangtok

D2 - Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir, Nathula Pass (closed on Monday Tuesday)

D3 - Gangtok to Pelling via Ravngla, Namchi visit Temi Tea Garden, Char Dham, Samdruptse on the way

D4 - Peling local s/s

D5 - Return journey from Pelling

If you have an extra night then you can do Gangtok local s/s on that day.

Thanks,

Himadri.

Bhubaneswar, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

kaluk-richenpong-uttarey-pelling can be done in jan last week

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

DigantaBanerjee

As far as I remember, I have replied your PM. However, if both of you are interested in off-beat destinations, the plan can be as follows :

Day1: NJP – Anden (Sombaria) (5 hrs) O/N at forest rest house

Day2: Anden- Hilley- Barsey - Kaluk

Day3: Kaluk- enjoy unspoilt nature around Rinchenpong

Day4: Kaluk- Bermok- Hee- Dentam- Uttarey

day trip to Singshore bridge , Dentam Alpine Cheese factory, Uttarey Valley via Hee- Bermiok and transfer to Pelling via Chhangay falls. Overnight at Pelling.

Day5: Pelling - sight seeing to Rimbi falls and rock garden, Darap Valley, Khanchendzunga falls, Khechipolri lake, Rabdentse ruins and Pemeyangtse Monastery. Overnight at Pelling.

Day 06: Pelling - NJP

Edited: 30 September 2013, 07:12
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
230 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Hi Diganta,

If you want to go to not so crowded places with natural beauty for your honeymoon in January then Ashis da's suggestion is perfect for you.

There is a very slim chance of snowfall in Barsey and Uttarey.

Himadri.

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Thanks Ashis Da,

I found there are three Resorts around Kaluk. Could you please suggest which would be better.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Ghonday Village Resort is best among the three.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 07:23
Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Hi Ashis Da,

My Plan is like 3 nights Kaluk and 2 Nights Pelling. How should I arrange the sight-seeing from Kaluk? On the way towards Pelling from Kaluk is there any places to visit? What is the best quite romantic Hotel in Pelling? I am looking for a great Kanchenjunga facing room. My budget on Pelling hotel is ~2500/- INR. I have contacted Rabdentese Residency earlier, but they do offer room heater only between 9 Pm to 6 AM at an extra cost of 300/-. Do I have any other options?

Edited: 10 October 2013, 06:36
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

Hi,

I am also going to Kaluk and pelling in the last week of January 2014 for honeymoon.we will reach njp on 30th jan morning.Are you travelling in the same dates.Let me know.If yes then it will help us in sharing the cab from njp and also for sightseing.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

hi

i m planning trip to sikkim in 2nd week of feb 2014. i am planning to go to nort sikkim including gangtok ,pelling. would it be good to go in this time??

pls suggest

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Trip to Sikkim in Janury 2014

anil_19832013,

March would be convenient time for North Sikkim, Nathula and Tsomgo Lake. Feb is okay for Gangtok and Pelling.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 02:33
Get answers to your questions about Pelling
Recent Conversations