We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamares Accomodation

Manchester
9 posts
Save Topic
Kamares Accomodation

We are hoping to arrive in Serifos on 2nd Sep from Naxos. Will it be necessary to book our accommodation in advance do you think?

When visiting smaller islands (Sifnos, Andros) we've noticed that the accommodation owners don't always tout for business at the ferry port, however we have never had any trouble finding anywhere!

We are thinking of staying in Kamares for 6 nights in a basic hotel or studio. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
concord nh
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamares Accomodation

There are many accommodations in Sifnos that would be appropriate. I can only give you a reference to the one we stayed at. We spent 5 day at Sifnaika Konakia just a few minutes walk from the town center and beach. Maria was wonderful. She picked us up at the agency then drove us back to the port. She did our laundry when the local laundry was closed and didn't charge us. The accommodations was very nice, beautiful patio and courtyard with views of the bay and surround mountains. While not big rooms they were well appointed, very clean and we had a simple breakfast. While just a few minutes from town it was far enough out that you felt you were in a rural area. There is a sheep/goat farm just below the hotel so it made it feel like you were in Old Greece! I would recommend the accommodations to anyone.

Manchester
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamares Accomodation

Thanks crazyh. Did you book in advance or just turn up? We're the hotel owners touting for business at the port?

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamares Accomodation

Hi Coco we've been to Sifnos several times and have never seen any accommodation owners at the port. Our first time my partner went off looking for accommodation which she found in about 15 minutes with no trouble whilst I sat in the cafe looking after our bags. From memory this would have been late August early September. For the last 3 years we have stayed here http://www.boufounisstudios.com and have been very happy with the rooms. We will in fact be returning here in late September. I am sure though if you just arrive you should be able to find accommodation without too much difficulty.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 14:55
concord nh
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamares Accomodation

We booked through Aegean Thesaurus Agency based in Sifnos but covers most of the Greek Islands. We were there in October when most of the hotels were closed down so there was no one hawking hotels at the port. I think Sept. most everything is still open so it may be different than when we were there. All I can say was our accommodation was ideal and so was Maria the owner. She spoked perfect English, was young with a young family and was very helpful. The room was cleaned every day and there was never any problems with our stay. We loved it and would go back again.

Reply to: Kamares Accomodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kamares