We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Celebration

california
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Celebration

Any awesome recommendations for a B-Day cerebration? Seafood, steak, ambiance?

Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Celebration

The Palace Takeaways does a great fish burger and/or battered seafood crabsticks. Their steak burgers are pretty good. It has outdoor seating with stunning harbour views.

BYO wine / beer / softdrinks / water..

Best value for money on the island.

RBB

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Celebration

I would recommend the Waterline Bar and Grill on the west side. Good food, great ambiance and be sure to get there for sunset. Another is the Mooring at Avana rated the top restaurant in Raro - great fish sandwiches.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Celebration

For a special birthday celebration, I highly recommend the Tamarind House. Wonderful ambiance and great food!

4. Re: Restaurant Celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2012, 11:49
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Celebration

Impose, Palace Takeaways are great, for the locals. It's a little burger shack on the side of the road next to the harbor and the views are either of the road or the boats parked in the harbor, hardly romantic or of any nice ambiance. I agree that the locals love the food and I have been there many times myself, but I would not recommend it to a tourist especially for a special evening, although their fish & chips can be very nice to takeaway for a quick dinner.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,263 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Celebration

I endorse the views of MsVancouver. Although I have sampled the fare at Palace Takeaways on casual occassions, there are a number of very nice restaurants and cafes located around Rarotonga at which to enjoy a birthday celebration.

Tamarind House would fit the bill admirably for your special night out, as would other licenced restaurants around the island serving quality fare including steak, fish, seafood and other platters, and served in delightful surroundings. If you are searching for a Muri restaurant, have a look at the menus served at Sails, Sandals at Pacific Resort, The Point at Muri Beach-Club, Stefanos, & Flame Tree. The buffet dinner and show evenings held at Te Vara Nui village would be a spectacular treat.

Enjoy your celebration. Kia manuia.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Celebration

Hi, I would suggest The Waterline Restaurant for amazing food, service, ambience and amazing sunsets. They really make you feel special so let them know that its a special occasion. On certains nights they have music as well so check that out.

Enjoy !!

california
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Celebration

RarotongaBigB....thank you for the advise. My girlfriend will be going in Sept for her 40th. I will pass along the info. Thank you again

california
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Celebration

Puapii-teacher....Thank you for your response. My girlfriend and boyfriend will be there to celebrate her 40th and this one sounds good, plus ambiance. Thank you again.

california
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Celebration

Thank you for the recommendation. Sounds to be the popular spot for many. Thank you again.