We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CVJ rooms

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
CVJ rooms

So we are counting down (42 more days!!) to our trip and I have a room question. There is no way to "upgrade" a room at this resort, so apparently you get what you get. But have I also heard on here that they've build a new high rise at the resort and it is opening soon? Does that mean that we may get a brand new room?? Just wondering....I'm kinda looking forward to the little bungalo, and there is no info on the new section when you do a search. Anyone know anything about when it's opening and/or how the new rooms will be assigned?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CVJ rooms

I am not aware of any "high rise" or plans for one at CVJ. The rooms are all similar, and no, there are no upgraded ones. It's an older resort, a solid three star, and quite comfortable IMHO. Enjoy!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CVJ rooms

Huh....I've read a few different comments about a "new constuction"....perhaps not a high rise but new....I'll have to Reread.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CVJ rooms

TravelDina mentioned a new complex opening January 15, and a few other reviewers have mentioned this as well....perhaps it's not really part of CVJ? Then again, TravelDina said they brought her a new bed which she believed to gave come from the new area....I'm confused

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CVJ rooms

Well, I was there in December and there was no sign of anything new at that time. Opening in January? Oh, I don't think so! (there is a "sort of" high rise that staff use......an older building. Maybe someone was confused?)

northern ontario
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CVJ rooms

38 days for us...I'll have the drinks ready Berniece! I have to get the suitcases up this weekend so as I think of things I can throw them in...Pool noodles are ready to pack! Our grand daughter saw all the different coloured rooms and has decided she wants the pink one....yeh...ok little girl....you get what you get!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CVJ rooms

So excited!! You'll be there when we arrive, so ya get the drinks ready! I fine with whatever room I get!!

Montréal
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: CVJ rooms

There is a series of hotel/dormitory-type structures between the lobby building and the Breezes Jibacoa next door. I've always wondered what these buildings were used for as they looked abandoned and quite run down. I have been told by staff in the past that these would eventually be renovated for Italian tourists, but still be part of the CVJ property. This is the rumour I've heard from various staff. Nothing has been done to these buildings, as far as I could see, for the past 5 years.

Even if these building were refurbished, I would still prefer the little bungalows. All rooms are good. Odd-numbered rooms face the mountain and have sunlight all day. Even-numbered rooms face the ocean (although they are not all literally "ocean-view"). Rooms in blocks 1-5 and 6-10 are closest to the beach - very much ocean-view - and have king size bed. The bungalows to the west of the resort (near the tennis courts and behind the pool/entertainment area) are larger and generally used for families as they are 3-bed rooms, as opposed to 2-bed (or 1 king size bed) rooms.

Have a great time!

snowcountry
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CVJ rooms

Could the o.p be referring to those old buildings near the tienda, along the area where the buses stop for the resort workers? I remember them being "refurbed" the last two years we've visited as well, but assumed they were staff lodgings and not rooms offered to guests. They back onto the little stream that flows into the sea between the Breezes and Cameleon. Always wondered about them and what they were originally. We are there in a couple of weeks and will certainly be asking about those rooms.

snowcountry
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CVJ rooms

Sorry...the previous poster has clarified.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CVJ rooms

I trust you to know what you are talking about. It makes no difference to me either way, as we were quite happy with the prospect of the lil' 1960s bungalows! ;) If I read any more about it I'll let you know!

Get answers to your questions about Jibacoa