We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
"dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Starting to pack for my Sunday flight...first time to 3 star and CVJ

I have been told it is a very laid back vibe here, ..cottage like. So I am wondering what is typical ladies attire for dinner.

I am presuming I don't have to bring any dress clothes, but wondering how "casual" a sun dress is appropriate?

Also any other suggestions for an experienced travelor, not new to Cuba, but new to this hotel I hear folks play cards in the lobby at night...are there cards there or should a bring a deck or 2?

Any other tidbit to help as I pack, and to prepare are most welcome

Thanks you

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Casual is good!

Capris & a nice top, a cotton sundress and even dressier shorts with a nice top work well at this resort.

Some people don't bother to "dress up" at all in the evenings, although personally I don't think the beachwear you've had on all day is suitable for evening dinner.

Never hurts to bring your own deck of cards.

We always take a flashlight and spare batteries. Some of the paths are a tad dark walking back to our room at night. I always pack a room air freshener or dryer fabric softener sheets. Keeps our room and clothes we store in the closet/dresser smelling nice.

Enjoy!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Hola

check out the two restaurants up the street, past Breezes very good....very easy walk, and have a flashlight on the return to the hotel.

cheers.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Don't get a room near the disco or the pool, if you enjoy peace and quiet. I always ask for a room as close to the lobby or buffet, as possible.

Small flashlights are handy as there is the occasional short blackout once in a while.

Don't sit underneath the coconut trees. When those coconuts fall, they'll crack your skull open.

I always hit the buffet early.

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Thanks everyone!1

SSSSnakess OMG I laughed so hard when I read your advice about the coconut trees....so true..but conjured a very hilarious image!

Makes sence to hit buffet early, I typically try and do that anywhere...food is fresher, less chance of "tummy trouble" and nothing is "out"

I have added the flashlight to my list.

Thanks again!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

CVJ reminded me of summer sleep away camp, and I say that in a good way! I just wore shorts and t-shirts/tank tops to the buffet and was not under dressed. Have fun :)

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

Thanks Melissa! I have heard that comparison a lot...like going to the cottage, but with maid service :-)

3 days and I can't wait.

I have heard folks sometimes play cards after supper...hoping there are some card players while I am there...great way to end a day!

7. Re: "dress code" at CVJ and other tidbits for 1st timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Jibacoa
Recent Conversations