We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
517 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

Hi

My wife & I have finally booked the Breezes Jibacoa for 2 weeks in November 2014

Part of the deal with Virgin Holidays was a ‘free upgrade’ to a ‘pool view’ room from the normal ‘garden view’ room plus free tourist visas

We have looked at a site map of the hotel and we wondering if anyone can advise which of the following ‘blocks’ would be better to request for the pool room – 8, 9, 12 or 13?

Also in regards to the visas, as we have never had to use a visa for the Caribbean before, how does this process work?

Virgin state that they fill this in for us so they should be fine but if the details they use are incorrect how long does it take to get a replacement bearing in mind the tickets usually arrive about three weeks/fortnight before departure?

Anyone had their travel company do this for them before?

Hope someone can help

Many thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

I doubt very much that Virgin will fill your visas in for you. In the past Virgin didn't supply the visas, you had to apply for them yourself. I would definitely clear this up with whomever you booked.

You can purchase visas through this site:

https://www.visacuba.com/pages/home.aspx

Check out my Inside Page on Tourist Card/Visa at this link:

https://www.visacuba.com/pages/home.aspx

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

they were asked several times during the booking process & they confirmed that they fill them in at their end

but there is no harm and going back to them I suppose

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

I've not heard that before but maybe it's something new.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

I guess if Cuba Visa can fill in all the details for you then why cant Virgin? I used Cuba Visa many years ago and our visas came beautifully printed so its not unheard of.

Virgin can issue a replacement visa as late as at check-in so no worries on that score.

November can be a tad rainier than usual so do take mosquito repellent with you.

All the pool view rooms at Breezes Jibacoa are in such close proximity to everything it is untrue, its not a large resort at all.

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

thanks for that guys especially LoonyLou - I've emailed Virgin this morning re this so hopefully they clarify it for us

LoonyLou - in regards to the 'block' numbers I mentioned above is there any great difference between them or are they noisey at night etc?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

JahRastafari:

Please come back and let us know what Virgin say.

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

sure will no worries

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

Im not sure about block numbers I have only been there once, the "pool view" rooms are situated immediately around the pool and all pretty central to the amenities. BJ is a very quiet resort and I don't think such a thing as "noise at night" exists there..LOL; Having said that we went in May which is low season so perhaps it may be busier in November and have a bit more "life".

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

They were renovating 13 when we were there in June. That may be a good choice. I also like building 16. BJ is a very small resort and all are close to everything. The only block I would not like to be in is the one beside the disco. Any of those buildings are ok. There is no guarantee that you will get your requested block for rooms.

What weeks will you be at BJ ? We are meeting friends from England who are travelling with virgin. They leave November 19 for 2 weeks.

The resort will be fully booked in November.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 19:23
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
267 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick Breezes Jibacoa questions re rooms & visas

We stayed in building 13 and loved the location. You could see the stage show from your deck and you had easy access to the pool and the pool bar. These also provided really easy access to the beach. There is quite a slope from the pool down to buildings 8 and 9. This probably improves the privacy, but reduces the access and view to the pool area.

All Canadian charters complete the Visa application for guests (and include the cost in the price of the trip) You are distributed Visas on the plane before you land. My guess is Virgin is just catching up with this practice.

Get answers to your questions about Jibacoa