We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

i was recently asked how much I thought would be a fair Breezes Jibacoa or Tropico tourist price for a sunset / late at night as you want tour to be driven to the top of the mountain in a classic convertible, fed Cuba Libres, have canned music (genre your choice) and return whenever you have had enough. Since all I really know about resorts is reading what you folks write here and doing a walk around tour of Breezes and Tropico (we stay at the campesimo in Jibacoa) I am asking here.

Would you be willing to pay 25 CUC each to be picked at Breezes or Tropico in a classic convertible, have a tour ending on top of the mountain, be fed all the rum you can drink, listen to music and brought home only when you feel like you are done or the sun comes up? Cerveza and meals (local paladar) could be made available for those who desire.

As this is market research for a good friend (not me), I really would like to hear your thoughts. Please speak up.

Ontario
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

I think I would market it with the meal. It would be more appealing. Price? If food was included I would pay that, or perhaps a bit more. (you could likely get away with a higher price at Breezes! ;-) )

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

I also would pay that price.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Hi Bob, You say the tour ends up at the top of a mountain.

What is in between the resort and the peak. And apart from drinking singing and dancing, what is at the Top of the Mountain? A table and chairs? a parking lot? a Cantina? Total darkness?

I'd pay the 25 cuc, but what are we doing, other than drinking our faces off?

Salud!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

A tour of Mantanzas city with a meal there would definitely make it more appealing. Otherwise you limit your customers to pretty much just a "Booze Cruise" to the top of a mountain. And would the driver be willing to drive around a bunch of drunks all night, who yell at on-lookers and throw up all-over the back seat?

Tour cruise - Meal - Mountain stop with a few drinks included sounds good to me. Too much of just boozin' & cruisin' won't go down well, in my opinion. Limit it to a 3 hour trip, not all night whenever they feel like going home. Otherwise, the poor driver would be zonked and jaded, one would reckon.

hfx
Level Contributor
6,729 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Sounds like a grand adventure for 25 cuc; reading bob's description, sitting here in old Nova Scotia, if I had a million dollars I would consider it a bargain

Mentioned in this post
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Agree with #1. Meal included would be a nice, inexpensive and fun deal.

The meal would allow the "Convertible" to pick up more than one couple per evening.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Jibacoa regulars would probably know this Mountain that the drivers is taking you to. Given the local taxi rates, I think it would be well received as well Just for the car ride and some drinks up there with the stars all around, and a big Cuban Moon to Bark at.

A bit of a tour before, would be a nice thing!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Hola

do not for get the bug spray..lol...in or out of the price...

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Thanks everyone for your input. To clarify, the tour would be short, basically a ride around the up the mountain.

There is nothing atop the mountain but a great view, tables, chairs, and lights. No bar, no paladar.

Meals certainly could be arranged in advance. They would have to be picked up from a paladar (several good ones) and served atop the mountain. Of course, that would be an extra charge for the meal. Hopefully people would not expect to be driven to an otherwise inaccessible place in a classic convertible, have free drinks and a meal, for 25 CUC.

Basically what a tourist would get for 25 CUC is:

1) ride up the mountain (which you could get a non-convertible taxi to do)

2) be served drinks (made by the driver) atop the mountain. (no other way to get a drink up there)

3) someone to bring you home when ready (critical key, otherwise you would be stuck up there)

A cruise could be arranged to Matanzas anytime. Even to Havana if one wanted. Of course a convertible costs more than a regular taxi.

I do appreciate everyone's inputs. Please keep them coming.

Mentioned in this post
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,913 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how much would you pay for a night out on top of mountain?

Your contact might want to consider having “themed nights” ... for example on the nights when there is a full moon, it might provide some excellent opportunities for photography. Or, have a night each month dedicated to an Orisha, with someone well-versed explaining Santería.

Get answers to your questions about Jibacoa
Recent Conversations