We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended wineries?

new jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
recommended wineries?

My husband and I are staying for one night at the Northfork

Table and Inn and having dinner there on thursday night. We were looking into visiting some wineries Thursday afternoon and wondering which were the most recommended in the area. We would be interested in a tour as well if possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: recommended wineries?

I was in the North Fork last week for the first time. We went to Peconic Bay, Laurel Lake and Paumanok. We like the atmosphere at Laurel Lake the best. Paumanok only had tastings in the tasting room. I don't know if that is all the time of if they were short handed. The first two had a patio table are where you could do tastings.

The 2005 Grand Vintage Merlot at Paumanok was really good.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommended wineries?

Some of my favorites in the area are Bedell, Shinn Estate and Sherwood House (the "original"). They all offer a very different ambience/tasting experience.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,340 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommended wineries?

Are there any wineries with a casual feel to the tastings, maybe where you can picnic on the grounds?

new jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommended wineries?

Any recommended lunch spots before starting all the "tastings" in the area?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: recommended wineries?

Laurel Lake would be a good choice, bookat

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: recommended wineries?

I suggested Laurel Lake yesterday when bookat asked about picnicing but didn't go into detail (I was posting from my mobile).

My two sisters and I went there a few weeks ago and enjoyed the atmosphere. We sat on the deck which the website describes as “an expansive two story deck overlooking the vineyard provides an opportunity for guest to enjoy a glass of wine or a picnic.” I didn’t notice that the deck was two stories. The weather was perfect and there was a nice breeze on the deck. Others had food with them but we did not. There was also a singer; it was a Sunday afternoon.

http://www.llwines.com/

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommended wineries?

You can picnic/lunch at many of the area wineries. Two that come to mind are Bedell and Osprey's Dominion, but there are many more. For a non-winery lunch we LOVE the Love Lane Kitchen in Mattituck. Plenty of nice spots for lunch in Greenport too. One of my favorites is Bruce's Cheese Emporium where sandwiches are named after Grateful Dead songs.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,340 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommended wineries?

Thanks!

Greenport, Long...
Level Contributor
32 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommended wineries?

There are so many excellent wineries out here. I will put down a few that truly put out some great wines.

Waters Crest Winery (great wine club as well!), Laurel Lake Winery, Sparkling Pointe, Croteau (for rose) ...there are so many other great ones, but they will be on another post ; )

and with great lunch settings as well:

***Pick up lunch at The North Fork Truck, behind the North Fork Table,

The Southold Seafood Market, The Market in Greenport, Salamanders Gourmet, also in Greenport (amazing fried chicken) and then go enjoy your lunch with some nice wine at

The Old Field Vineyards and Winery , Corey Creek Winery

And for fun enjoy the new winebar, behind the portly grape, the setting is funky and amazing!

Oyster Bay, New York
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: recommended wineries?

Waters Crest located in Cutchouge is a small boutique producer,they hand craft all there wines on site. The tasting room very quaint and intimite take advantage of the free winery tour with paid tasting.

Get answers to your questions about North Fork
More North Fork Topics