We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgioupolis the return

Swansea, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Georgioupolis the return

Been to Georgioupolis in 2004 2007 2009 time for a return in Aug- Sept 2011 any news what has changed ?

Summertime still there ? fave place.

Mentioned in this post
Georgioupolis
Georgioupolis
Crete, Greece
PAIGNTON
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Hi There not sure but we have been in contact with Nikos at the Roderia a few days ago to book up with them and he says its not changed too much I hope not love the place my fav was Titos bar great fun and great brandy sours We are going back on 20th Sept our wedding anniversary for 3 whole weeks cant wait

There is no mention of Summertime try googling it you may find it in search engine

Ahh cant wait to get back there great people great food and great evenings although I am staying of Raki this time was so ill husband thought I was dying lol

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Love it ! Georgioupolis is our favourite. First time we stayed at Paradise Beach or as it's known locally Golden Bay which is on the front and the next time was at Sunlight studios also on the front. We always booked with Kosmar and found the prices were very affordable but since they have gone we have to find somewhere suitable for our budget. One day we shall return to Georgioupolis, there are so many lovely tavernas like the Sunlight and Babis and can honestly say that we never had a bad meal and we tried most. Mikes Oasis bar down the beach is an experience one shouldnt miss but be carefull when you stand up to leave lol, his raki is very strong.

Mentioned in this post
Georgioupolis
Georgioupolis
Crete, Greece
Swansea, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgioupolis the return

You must have good taste.

We have done the same as you 2 years at Paradise Beach ( Golden Bay) then Sunlight in 2009 and this year in August.

Finally convinced friends of our to come who are on a limited budget and they manage to book through icelolly.com the Feneriki for 1 week half board for £250 !! .

Yes a gamble but t that price :-))) Georgioupolis priceless.

Mentioned in this post
Georgioupolis
Georgioupolis
Crete, Greece
Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgioupolis the return

We shall return some day. Favourite place to stay would be Sunlight but would only go for a minimum of 2 weeks because anything less I would have to be dragged home screaming. Kokolakis looks pretty good and has a pool.

We are off to Kalamaki in Zante this year so looking forward to that.

Don't forget to visit Mikes Oasis down the beach, but be careful when you stand up to leave, his raki is good stuff! Have a great time in Georgioupolis!

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Zante
Zante
60 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Georgioupolis
Georgioupolis
Crete, Greece
Lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgioupolis the return

We have been 4-5 times but not for 3 years.

Our favourite bar was Neorios but does not seem to be on Web.

Is it still operating does anyone know

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Neorio is now called the Oasis bar, and I think it may be in different hands although it looks very similar just painted a different colour. I found it just by having a browse on facebook. 10 wks and 2 days for us (not counting much!!), will be our 5th time but haven't been for 4 years, can't wait. Enjoy!

middx
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Hi, Kokalas were wonderful appts, did review them but not sure where I posted! Hmm...

Thay are with FC, but will not be joining the AI club, thankfully, so shall be in the Thompson brochure next year, you can also book directly with the owners. M

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Just back from our third trip to GP.

Love it!

Closing the square to traffic is a good idea too.

If you need up to date info on Resturants and Bars just ask!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
104 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Any further information on Douglas Milne cretan Traditional homes?

Norway
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Georgioupolis the return

Hi billyseagull,

Glad to hear you had a great trip! Please do give us up-to-date info on restaurants and bars!