We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Georgioupolis

Which Georgioupolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Georgioupolis

I have just booked a last minute week all inclusive to the Sandy Beach Hotel on the 16th of July (2 girls, late 20s) just wondering if anyone can recommend, things to do, places to see, bars/cocktails bar, nightlife, good restaurants? Sounds like it might be a quiet resort which is fine but love to have lots of options of things to do if we're feeling active :-) any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
983 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

Hi Kim,

We're off to GP on the 17th of July, our fifth visit.

It's a great place, if you look specifically in the GP forum, you'll find lots of threads about beach bars, restaurants, bars etc. it is very much a family resort, no nightclubs, but the bars in the square are open till late, if you fancy nightclubs, get the bus to Rymenthon and a taxi back. If you wanted all night discos and Brits drinking to excess it's not the place for you!

During the day, pop on the road train to lake Kournas, take a boat trip, bus to Chania.

GP has a fantastic beach, some great places to eat, and is full of friendly locals.

If I was to recommend three places

1 valentinos restaurant for a great evening meal

2 eleni delibar for creeps, waffles etc

3 summertime bar on the seafront for a lunchtime salad and drink.

Have fun

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
983 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

Oh, and where is the Sandy Beach Hotel, is it actually in GP?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

Hey!

Thank you so much for your reply, I'm even more excited now, it sounds perfect!!!!

I will make sure we check out your top 3...right now number 2 is sounding extremely appealing!!!!!

I don't actually know where that hotel is, it does say 3km from GP centre on there website (which isn't full of information)

Never the less its a holiday in beautiful Crete so as long as there is a clean bed I will be more than happy :-)

Thanks again for your help!

Kim

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
983 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

No problem..

If you are 3ks outside GP make sure you make the effort to visit GP in the evening.

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

We were in GP a fortnight ago and really enjoyed it. Plenty of choices of bars and restaurants and nice that the square is closed off to traffic in the evenings. Very laid back without being too quiet, close walk to the beach and make sure you go up to the lake which is very pretty with various tavernas around its shore.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

oh brilliant, its so nice to hear positive things :)

Can you recommend anywhere to take my friend for a birthday meal?

I'm too excited...especially when the weather is this miserable!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

I've just found Sandy Beach hotel on GoogleEarth. Looks nice but it's 3.5 kms straight line from GP centre. Take a good torch if you're planning to try walking it, although I personally fancy walking along the beach at night just a bit more than walking along the National Highway in the dark. Probably best to walk in along beach and taxi back, especially after having a good night out. Do have a good time.

8. Re: First time to Georgioupolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Georgioupolis