We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kiotari town

Which Kiotari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
kiotari town

we have booked all inclusive to miraluna village for april 2010 we arent ones for just staying on site for the whole week and do like to go walking exploring around,whats the resort like?heard its a 15 min walk from hotel,also interested in getting bus to lindos,maybe a excursion tour to rhodes town,and the hotel offers bikes in the ai package how far to lardos,pefkos thanks all info much appriecated as never been to rhodes,got a great deal think cos its early season heard not much will be open but not too bothered just need a break

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kiotari town

I would not call Kiotari a town. Not even a village. Apart from a few hotels there are some tavernas, small tourist shops & a small shopping centre.There is only one bus a day to Rhodes Town.You would need to be fit to cycle in the area as its hilly.It is about 2 miles to Lardos.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kiotari town

Hi there

Kiotari is almost the last resort down the east coast but it's not that far from Lardos, Pefkos and Lindos. Lardos is about 10 kms, Pefkos is about 15 kms and Lindos about 18 kms so well within the capabilities for seasoned cyclists. If you want to book excursions to the likes of Rhodes Town, then book them via a local agency rather than through the reps or the hotel as the local agencies will offer the exact same trip for around 20% less.

Kiotari itself is OK, quite a few large hotels plus shops, bars and restaurants so plenty to keep you occupied. The beach is fine and strectched virtually unbroken all the way south to Cape Vigla although once you reach Gennadi ( the final east coast resort), the island has little development.

If you enjoy walking, take a hike up to the village of Asklepio - this sits about 4 kms inland from Kiotari, you turn off the main road and follow the lane to the village, very rustic and traditional with a lovely church, a little folklore museum, a ruined castle and a good taverna in the square.

new forest
Level Contributor
622 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kiotari town

Sorry to say that "Kiotari Town" doesn't exist as such.

Kiotari could best be described as a grouping of 2 or 3 or so large capacity hotels near a bit of rough beach area, stradling the main East coast "highway".

An odd taverna type of place cropped up - but that's not far off it last time I drove through which was in Sept 2 years ago.

Water sports have been based there for some years now but not much more, but of course I would have to bow to anybody with more recent experience of the area.

Gennadi and Lardos would be the nearest places of any substance, but neither they nor Pefkos could be considered 'regular' walking distance away.

From your comments of just looking forward to a quiet break, I'm sure the hol will be ok though so don't worry. Lardos and Lindos are definately worth a trip for a mooch around although your ai package may mean you don't get to them for a meal / drink. Pefkos beach also worth a stroll along.

Enjoy. Steve

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kiotari town

Kiotari is not a town, village, resort or anything like that. It is a vague area of isolated hotels along the coast road. Kiotari 'centre' as such, a few houses, tavernas, is the seaward side of the road junction to Asklipion. The Miraluna is about 3 miles (Tour operators 1 mi...) before this, 3 miles after the Lardos bay hotels.

So the villages of Gennadi, Asklipion, Lardos are something like 4-8 miles away.

Bus services in April will be minimal, I would guess the island standard 1 per day to Rhodes town, in the summer are several daily service to Pefkos/Lindos, Rhodes, Gennadi.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kiotari town

I forgot to mention Kiotari is where John Manuel lives. He wrote Moussaka to My Ears & Feta Compli.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
114 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kiotari town

We spend a lot of time in Gennadi, 6 kms south or the Maraluna. I am very fond of Kiotari. There is a coast road which you cannot see from the main road. From your hotel you can go off and find isolated beaches or you are very close to the popular Glystra beach, although that will be quet in April. We have had lovely weather in April although the sea will still be quite cold. The Greek village of Lardos is an easy bike ride from your hotel, there are plenty of restaurants there and quite a bit of life if you get bored with AI. I would agree that a trip to Askiliopi is worth while although that would be quite a climb on a bike. May be a taxi there and a walk back. You will be fine to get a bus to Lindos which I am sure will be quite awake by April.

Enjoy.

Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kiotari town

its ok about going out of the hotel for days out cos we can arrange for a picnic basket to take so we not bothered bout that

im really looking forward to going to lindos and know its gonna be quite but will mean we can see more without crowds

thanks for your info

Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kiotari town

also anyone know how much a taxi is to lindos from kiotari incase bus services arent great thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kiotari town

Hi there

Kiotari to Lindos is about 17 kms so a taxi will cost around 20 euros. There's a decent bus service from Gennadi to Rhodes Town, departs Gennadi at 0800, 0900, 1030, 1130, 1220 and 1345 so would be passing through Kiotari maybe 10-12 mins later. Buses back from Rhodes Town for Gennadi depart at 1300, 1430, 1630, 1800, 1930 and 2115

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kiotari town

Dont count on the bus service being reliable. We went to Rhodes Town this morning. The advertised bus for returning to our village @13.30 did not run. Had to wait for the next @ 14.20. By experience , buses can be up to 45 mins. late. They get held up in the narrow village streets en route. There was a stand off in our village [ Kalithies] when we left this morning.