We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Hi

Thinking of booking this hotel for our July 2014 family holiday but after reading the report that gents have to wear long trousers etc for evening meals it has put me off a lot.

Has anyone else had this problems. Yes I suppose you have to wear smart dress shorts which Im fine with & wear most times, but with the sound of it there not allowed.

This must be mad considering how hot Rhodes is in July.

Any help would be great

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,522 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

I would like to point out it wont be hot in the restaurants @ the hotel.They have air con.

This is a 4-5 * hotel. Why do you want to wear scruff order. ie shorts

Would you wear shorts in a British hotel ?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Excuse me but I don't consider smart casual shorts as 'Scruff'

Yes the building may be air conditioned but it's still going to be warm inside and hot outside.

Surly by paying good money to visit these hot destinations trousers are not really what most men at my age of 39 would want to wear unless there you.

My 19yr old son would certainly not want to wear trousers & he would be classed as a adult.

Football shorts etc I agree is not acceptable for evening wear but smart casual shorts and a t shirt or short sleeve shirt are.

I find these cloths very comfortable when on holiday & don't intend to sit in trousers.

This maybe the norm for older gentleman but I'm not at that stage yet.

Don't forget your cardigan for your next trip it may be chilly

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

With looks of this hotel and resort may not be the best, 2 hours from airport is a long time to be traveling after a flight

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,522 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

You would be very unfortunate if the transfer took 2 hours

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

What people are saying 1 hour 45 mins to 2 hours.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Hey

It depends on luck dude. You may or may not be waiting on the shuttle coach at the airport for others to board. There may or may not be multiple drop offs en route to Kiotari, ie at Lindos, Pefkos etc. These factors all influence the transfer time and cannot be guessed.

If you are lucky with a direct transfer with no drop offs then its about 1 hr 10/15. If you have a few drop offs (which is likely), then it will take about 1 hr 30/45 mins. If you are very unlucky with a lot of stops en route, yes it can take 2 hrs. The average is about 1.30 to 1.45.

Mart

Edited: 12 November 2013, 18:57
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Thank you for your information

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

If you don't want to wear long trousers then don't go to the hotel. I have just booked to stay here it looks lovely and a short journey from lindos and pektos. I have been to a hotel where men wear long trousers for dinner and it was fine. You could always not have dinner in the hotel?

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,522 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Lots of visitors come to hotels here looking for men in shorts.

They are called Mosquitoes

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

This hotel is brand new opened in 2012 looks fabulous from the main road. If they have a dress code as like cruise ships then don't see a problem at lease you know before you travel. If you travel by taxi from airport it should take about hour to 80 minutes depending on time of day and traffic. We've done airport to gennadi in about the same time . Gennadi is about 5 minutes further south from kiotari.