We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Kos in August

Which Mastichari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Holiday in Kos in August

My wife and I would lie to visit Kos in August this year. Being slightly older people we are looking to go to a relaxing quiet part of the island. Any suggestions and ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

kent
Level Contributor
440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Hi!!

I note you have posted on the Mastihari forum, so maybe a little homework has been done?

We have been going there for over 10 years now, and can confirm that it is the most friendly and laid back place we have ever visited. Visit the same taverna twice, and you will be treated like a long lost relative.

Are you thinking of a package, or going it alone? A package will restrict you to either the Luis or Christina, both excellent choices. I'm putting on a couple of links, the first is run by Daphne who lives there and is a wealth of accurate information, and the second has a forum where you can ask as many questions as you like...and even get a sensible answer now and then.

mastihari-uncovered.com

mastihari.com

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Tingaki is also a great resort for us oldies!!

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

We loved Tingaki it has to be one of the friendliest places we've ever been, it's nice and laid back in the evenings, the beach is fantastic and it's a great base for exploring the rest of the island.

Kent
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Either Mastichari or Tigaki would be a good choice. If you choose Tigaki just ensure that your accommodation is not too far out of the centre as the walk to and from the town centre can get a bit tedious after a while.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

what are the prices like no? im coming out 25th aug for a week and counting dwn the days lol

Cairo
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Hi!

Mastihari and Tigiaki and both very quiet and excellent destinations for a chill-out holiday. However, of the two my preference leans towards Mastihari (sorry no offense intendedTigiaki-goers) because of the harbour with its small fishing boats which is the resort's focal point together with a beautiful horseshoe white sandy bay, one or two winding alleyways to meander around in the cool evening breeze, magnificent sunset views, and the village has that all-year-round lived-in feel! If you don't want to hire a care there is a bus into Kos Town and also to Kardamena. Also, a frequent ferry service to Kalymnos if you would like to hop to another island independantly.

I am sure where ever you decide to stay you will throughly enjoy it!

Rgds

Cleo

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Mastihari for me to I would suggest

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

check this blog out it might give u a few ideas

http://discoverkos.blogspot.com/

firenze
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Hallo i am going to kos in June, mastihari seem nice to me....have you got any suggedtione for accomodations..studios etc...

Kent
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday in Kos in August

Look at Daphne's 'Mastihari Uncovered' link aleady given above comment 1. There are plenty of apartments and lots of other information that should help.

Get answers to your questions about Mastichari
Recent Conversations