We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rates

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange rates

Hi we are coming to this area on the 29th of July, would it be better to get my Euros here in the UK or is the exchange rate there better ?

currently its about 1.22 Euro to the pound round me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange rates

I would say get them before you leave, the rate in the village is always a bit lower than the uk

Yammas

Mark

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange rates

OK thanks!

Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange rates

Some friends of ours have just returned from Mykonos where they only got €1,15 for their English notes. and a meal for 4 was €75 WITHOUT alcohol (they are non drinkers) I hope to get a cheaper meal for 4 when I visit Mastichari in August:-D:-D

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange rates

€75 does sound a lot but i guess it depends where they ate, what they had and number of causes.

However 1.15 is poor, Tthe other month we were in Gran Canaria and only got 1.18 euros to the pound in a local shop, the hotel we stayed in tried to say their 1.05 euro to the pound was good value when i asked what the rate was!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange rates

Hi yea id definitely exchanges here in England try this link from moneysaving expert it has all the latest rates best places and a currency calculator so you know what you should be getting for your pound

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange rates

Hi Happy O

I have been told prices are about the same as last year, for 3 of us 2 courses and alcohol was around 50 euro

Roll on August lol

Yammas

Mark

Mastichari, Greece
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange rates

Exchange rate today is 1.18. My office provides an exchange service, but I also have an ATM machine, and I understand people are using pre loaded cards a lot this year, this may work out cheaper for you? Check with your bank before you arrive what the charges are.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange rates

Just got back from Zante and day we left rate was €1.17 in resort and €1.258 in Ramsdens in Swansea as we went straight to get Euros when we got home. Going to Mastihari in 5 weeks and definately taking Euros with us.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange rates

Have a look at money maximiser Martin Lewis its about 1.25 to the £1

Mastichari, Greece
12 posts
Save Reply