We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

Hi, we are looking for an apartment/villa for 2 senior citizens, one of whom is disabled and uses wheel-chair, for a periopd of 21 days or so (flexible). As near to port/beach ... flat access and if pool available, one with 'steps down' not ladders!

Appreciate all help/info.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

I can't say about the Cordial Valle apartments as I have never stayed there but I don't know of anywhere near the port or beach that meets your needs. I have looked at the pictures for Hotel Puerto Mogan at the beach and they have steps.

Their indoor pool has steps but you are not for an inside holiday and it is an apartment you are looking for. The whole surrounding area is very flat but I haven't seen a pool with graduated entrance to the water.

There are forum users who have stayed at the Cordial complexes so I am sure they will let you know what is available there. The Hotel is about a ten minute walk and the apartments about 15 min walk to the port.

Liz

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

I meant to say ladder like steps at the outside pool at the Hotel Puerto Mogan.

Some of the apartments overlooking the beach have lifts. Although the area is generally flat many of the apartments are built into the mountainside.

I really hope somebody can help you as it is a beautiful area.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 18:43
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

If considering s/catering, have a look at La Venecia apartments, and request a ground floor. hotelstreet.co.uk/Hotels-2720-La_Venecia_de_…

I don't know any pools, but these apartments are only seconds from the small beach, which has a wooden slat path on the sand right to the water's edge. My husband uses a wheeled walker and he had no problems.

I do hope you can find something suitable, as it truly is the prettiest place...

surrey
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

As far as I can remember, the pools at the Cordial Valle apartment all have ladders but the Cordial Playa hotel definitely has a pool with graduated steps.

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

The Hotel Puerto Mogan has EVERY facility for disabled people /wheelchair users, Even at the entrance there is a purpose made rampway for entering the reception area. The pool has a disabled facility contraption for lowering wheelchair users into the pool safely and out again.

The owners of the Sun and Luna restaurant on the corner just before this hotel.

The husband Fernando is disabled and fully wheelchair bound from birth he goes for a swim everyday there.

Just contact them by email and they will assure you i am sure, that you will have no problem there whatsoever.

Liz Macd, has the email for this hotel.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

The email address is :

reservas@hotelpuertodemogan.com

Ricardo is the Under Manager. He is lovely and speaks and writes perfect English. They do have apartments close to the hotel. I have read in past reviews that the clients at the apartments are not allowed to use the pool at the hotel. They use the pool at the restaurant by the boat yard. I don't know how accurate this is but they may make an exception if you ask.

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

Also for Disabled people.

Two restaurants on the beachside have disabled toilets. The Recreativo at the begining and the Mogan Mar at the very end of the beach.Purpose made separate disability toilets.

The waypoint is no more Its all the Mogan Mar now at the end of the beach.

ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

Hi to all and thank you. Looks like our trip will be delayed till September due to building works, in home, to facilitate wheelchair use and there is the small matter of our daughter's wedding in May, yipeeeeee! Am very impressed with the details in replys and find them very helpful. Will keep an eye for any further info. Again a sincere 'go raibh maith agat' (thank you very much! ... in Irish) to all for your help/advice.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

Be sure to save the post to "Favorites" or you will lose it. I have with others in the past! :-(

Slán

10. Re: Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria for Disabled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:54
Get answers to your questions about Mogan
Recent Conversations