We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or taxi from the airport?

Which Panormos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bus or taxi from the airport?

Hello, my husband and I are visiting Panormos next week. Does anyone have experience of using a bus transfer from Heraklion airport to the village of Panormos? Travel Republic is extremely cheap (£17 each way), but we're slightly concerned we could end up sat on a bus for 2-3 hours while it stops at all the hotels? Our hotel has very kindly offered to book a taxi for €70 each way - however, we would rather take the bus and save some money. Has anyone used the Resort hoppa or Travel Republic bus service to and from the airport? Was it easy to catch (there and back) and how long did it take?

Many thanks!

Torquay
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

I have used the Resort Hoppa service to Panormo and on one occasion we ended up in a private taxi which was great. The second time it was a longer journey with a number of drop-offs and took around 1.5 hours. We now use a local taxi company for the same price of €70 each way and find it be more direct but on the bus you obviously do see a little of the other resorts on your way through. Decisions decisions! We are going to Panormos in a couple of weeks time. Hope you have a lovely time and enjoy it as much as we do. Sally

London
Level Contributor
399 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

Hi we took Resort Hoppa on the way there. It stopped at only a couple of other places because we got the faster one - there are two options. I can't remember the price but it was pretty cheap. We got a taxi back to the airport at the end of our holiday. It was obviously quicker but about three times the price. To be honest I'd never get a cab again unless I was flying really early..

Edited: 06 July 2014, 21:13
London
Level Contributor
399 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

Forgot to say, it was really easy to pick up the Resort Hoppa when we go to Heraklion. You come straight out of the airport and across the road there is a sort of ticket booth place where you go and they tell you which bus (minibus in our case) to get.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
239 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

When we were in the area last October someone said that resort hopper had gone out of business? Not sure if this is correct.

I'd appreciate a number for a taxi...to get from heraklyon to panamos.

5. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 19:59
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
239 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

Thank you...really great link!

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

Taxi from Heraklion airport to Panormas seems expensive! We arrive on 10 May and hope to get the bus. Any advice? Where to pick it up Bus number etc x cheers

sligo
Level Contributor
634 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

Hi,

You might try the link below and enter your for the bus schedule to Panormo.

www.e-ktel.com/en/services/routes-timetables…

Most buses on the Heraklion - Rethymno - Chania stop at Panormo but I am not sure if all do.

After you arrive at Heraklion Airport you are going to have to get the bus out side the airport to Bus Station A. To get this bus you will go to the footpath after exiting the airport and turn left, do not cross the road, the stop is a short walk up. Make sure you tell the driver you are looking for Station A.

I would suggest that if you have any further questions you will possibly get swifter and more accurate responses if you begin your own thread. Many people who open a thread like this will look at the OP's date, in this case 2013, and not go to the last entry.

Hope this helps.

9. Re: Bus or taxi from the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2016, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Panormos
Recent Conversations