We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde or Manuel Antonio

Which Atenas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburg, Kansas
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde or Manuel Antonio

I have a student group of 12 people who want to do some weekend travel in late May. What is the best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde for one weekend and to Manuel Antonio for another one.

Take a bus? Hire a van? Other?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde or Manuel Antonio

I'm hoping to get a bus from Atenas to Manuel Antonio for when I am visiting in March. What website can I use to search for prices and times?

Western Pa.
Level Contributor
5 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde or Manuel Antonio

Is there bus service from Atenas to Golfo hotel/Adventure park?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde or Manuel Antonio

My best tip for anyone in Atenas is to call Walter for all of your local transfer needs.

His rates are low, he drives a 4-door Honda CRV (with child booster seat if needed), and he goes far beyond what is required..

He helped me get my Costa Rican SIM card charged up, and he will even wait around if you need to get groceries or whatnot - generally without any additional charge. Walter works around the clock so call him at 4am if you need to.. he'll be ready to pick you up.

His English is improving, and he's excited to be able to speak to anyone in English to further his abilities.

My girlfriend and I (plus her 3-year old son) are just finishing a 9-night stay in Atenas tonight, and we enjoyed his company so much, we spent 2 entire days with him, as well as about 4 or 5 different there-and-back private transfers. We're on a 70-night exploration of CR, and this was an amazing introduction to the *real* Costa Rica.

Walter is an incredible man, and we truly can't say enough good things. He can be reached at 8355-1616.

14. Re: Best way to get from Atenas to Monte Verde or Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Atenas