We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nomansland, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

One of our party of 6 has dropped out so we are going from 3 rooms to 2 .

We had finally decided on the Imperial Boathouse because we have a couple in the party that want to be away from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng but it needs to be within easy reach for the 2 teenage boys in the group. But it would seem that the rooms are only for 2 people.

I am struggling to find a reasonably priced hotel that says rooms are big enough for 3 people . 5000thb is about the price we can pay and we will be there March 2011.

Any advice for us please?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

We are staying at Thongtakien Resort in June and there will be 4 of us in the room, with one extra bed. It is at Silver Beach 10 minutes to Chaweng one way and 10 minutes to Lamai the other way, so the best of both worlds and we are only paying 1300 baht a night.

Nomansland, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

Thanks for the reply . 1300 Wow thats cheap !

We were hoping to go the other side of Chaweng as I understand it will be a little quieter there for the couple in the group who like quieter holidays.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

Silver Beach would be perfectly situated for you, nice beach (no beach sellers), but easy to get to Chaweng (closer than Bophut) and Lamai.

I would never pay 5000 baht for a room,but then I'm not looking for luxury just somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep with a decent breakfast and pool.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

Why not rent a villa in Choeng Mon instead?

My husband and I stayed in Horizon Villas 22G in April this year. There were 5 adults and plenty of room. The villa had 2 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom and its own private pool. The villa is completely quiet so you could party without being disturbed. the villa is only 2 years old and I think we paid only $200 per night, which is cheper than a hotel when you work it out per person.

I know the Imperial Boathouse quite well and to be hinet it is looking a bit tired. The villa is just around the corner from The Imperial Boathouse and only a 2min walk to the beach

Nomansland, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

Thanks for the replies. A villa is not for us, we want to have a restaurant/bar facilities on site, plus we would like the opportunity for the boys to meet others so I guess a hotel is best for that.

I have to say Silver Beach looks lovely and that hotel is very reasonable but I worry that it is going to be TOO quiet for the teenage boys as it is so small???

I count find much out about Silver Beach, does it have watersports for the boys?

Any input most welcome and thank you thus far :-)

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

You can read about Silver beach in my blog www.myhomekohsamui.com/2010/05/beaches.html

There is no watersport there, so that's why the water is still so clean.

Choengmon is a good choice for you - check White House hotel and Samui Honey Cottages.

Nomansland, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

Thank you Elina (again) - will have a look :-)

Thanks goodness for this forum lol

8. Re: Rooms for 3 - any recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bophut