We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK, Durham
2 posts
Save Topic
Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

i am planning to go to Koh Samui in Sept for a couple of weeks but i am worried about the weather and rainy seaon. will the weather be ok or will it be too wet?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

Hi

Firstly no one can predict the weather what's going to be like. September is not rainy season( generally ) it will start around mid October.

However just keep in mind koh Samui is tropical island you will still have some odd shower or two.

Good luck

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

There are never any guarantees with the weather. I have travelled to KS five times in September over a period of about 15 years and have always had good weather. 3 of those trips I stayed the whole month and although there was an odd short heavy shower (usually in the late afternoon) generally it was sunny, hot and beautiful.

We were last there for 14 days in September 2010 (from 11th) and it rained only on our last day. I think last year was wetter so it is hard to say what will happen.

We like September as it is not too busy and the hotel rates are usually in low season. I would go as early as possible in the month to give yourself the best chance - we have found that very late in the month you can see a definite turn in the weather in our last day or so.

thai
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

lived here for 11 years - weather great in sept , nice time to visit .

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

It should be ok as the rainy weather starts in October.

Wales
Level Contributor
697 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

can you tell me exactly what date in October this year the rain will start and how mamy mm will fall ?

only joking.....

staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

Should we be going somewhere else for October? We have booked koh samui for end of October. How much rain are we talking about?

7. Re: Koh Samui in Sept - will the weather be ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:15