We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bophut at Christmas

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bophut at Christmas

Hope someone can help. Im heading to Samui for Christmas and planning to stay in Bophut. Have stayed in Chaweng 3 times so thought it would be a change.

Now - there will be myself and my ex husband (yeah I know) and our 2 kids (19 and 14). Plan is for us to stay over Xmas and then ex and son go off fishing for a few days and then they come back for NY. We are looking for recommendations of hotels/villas that my daughter and I could stay by ourselves for the few days with easy access to restaurants and bars etc. A lot of the hotels have rooms with double beds which is out - have looked at Samui Heritage Resort for 2 w bedroom villas but the reviews are a bit mixed with regards to the resort and location. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bophut at Christmas

How about Smile House? It has really good reviews and you can get 2 bedroom villas for a great price. I haven't stayed there but am looking at it for our next trip after someone here recommended it.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bophut at Christmas

Hi

In case you don't already know most hotel/ resort will impose " compulsory gala dinner on Xmas and new years eve.

Dublin
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bophut at Christmas

Thanks for the replies - Smile House looks lovely but its booked up!

Yeah we know about the compulsory dinners etc in most of the places - have allowed for that.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bophut at Christmas

Oh, oh - fishing in December near Samui!

Well, at my last attempt I made 2nd place with a clam that latched on to my fishing line (a good meter above the hook and bait). First place went to my buddy who caught a 2.5 inch monster of fish. :)

But if you want to impress your son, send him off for the fishing trip and book yourself into http://www.fishinginthailand.com and for sure you will be able to show some amazing photos of your catches. :)))))

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bophut at Christmas

If you can't find or get the resort you're looking for perhaps look at "vacation rentals" instead most of them would have 2 + bed rooms. just click on top of this page. And maybe contact Elina70 koh Samui's or at www.samuiconnection.com/ she might be able to help you out with villas.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
979 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bophut at Christmas

Highly reccomend Top Cats for fishing for the boys. Sent my hubby there for his birthday.

Beijing
Level Contributor
200 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bophut at Christmas

Isn't it rainy season in December in Koh Samui?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bophut at Christmas

Yes it is

9. Re: Bophut at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bophut