We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bo Phut Public Transport

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisburn, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bo Phut Public Transport

My fiancee`and I where thinking of staying at the Bo phut resort and spa for out honeymoon in Febuary. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the public transport is like to get to the like of Chaweng for a bit of night life? Is there regular buses and are they cheap etc. I know I could probable find a taxi but would like to know my other options. Thanks

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

Your other options are Songthaews or Scooter Taxis. They charge a bit more at night but are stil relatively cheap.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

Yes, plenty of songthaews available day and night.

Lisburn, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

Thanks for the speedy replies. I was worried we would be a bit out of the way but this helps. I shall book it tomorrow now.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

Hi

Late at night songtheaw tend to be more expensive as above says. So sometime is better to take taxi instead. Songtheaw operate like bus ( except there's no defintely stop sign). Just flag one down hop on ring the bell when you reach your destination but if you are un sure whereabouts to get off just tell the driver before you get in. He will stop and let you know once there. The fare are per person. But you can rent him just for you if you wish.

Happy holiday :-)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

It depends on how many people there are in the Songthaew if there's just the 2 of you a taxi would be more or less the same price.

Scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

what is the going rate for a taxi Bophut - Chaweng?

Regards

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

I think going rate is around 250bath. We payed 200 from chaweng noi to chaweng central.

8. Re: Bo Phut Public Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Bophut