We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of questions re smile house

manchester
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
Couple of questions re smile house

I like the look of smile house resort, initially we looked at the Anantara but have decided to lower our Samui budget and stay there a little longer , I just have a couple of questions

Is the breakfast ok and are there tables for 2 so couples can sit together?

What is the main difference between superior and deluxe bungalows apart from the size?

Is the pool open to non residents? I believe from an old review that this is the case, I am a little concerned that this could lead to overcrowding

I appreciate any replies, thanks in advance.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,954 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

I don't know the property, but with regard to the pool most places don't allow non residents to use the pool and even if they did I've found this is not something that is generally done anyway, so it won't be a problem.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Don't know about breakfast but dinner is excellent. And as the place is run by a French I would expect a decent b/f as well.

Yes there are tables for two and the restaurant is practically open (almost) in the garden. We have been there for dinner a couple of times and never seen anyone in the pool at that time of the day.

I'll have to pass on the room differences as we never stayed there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

The superior bungalows are tucked away at the back of the resort near the back pool whereas the deluxe are at the front near reception / front pool. I haven't looked inside the deluxe rooms but the superior are really good value. A massive king size bed which I think is 2 large singles pushed together and a flat screen tv. They have a common wall whereas the deluxe are stand alone. Both have large verandahs.

Breakfast is great! We ate there this morning - usual mix of hot food, egg man, fruit, cereal etc,

I am there now, let me know if you have any other questions. I highly recommend this resort, I wouldn't personally stay anywhere else in Samui.

Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Smile house is the best place to stay have just returned from staying at 2 weeks in a 3 bedroom villa. Breakfast is lovely. Enjoy smile house :)

manchester
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Hi thanks for your replies, one question for you melnjohn, are there enough tables for 2 at the breakfast , I do hope you enjoy the rest of your stay there.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Hi

Post 2 has confirmed there are tables for two. :)

manchester
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Thankyou Thaimusic. I think I need glasses, how did I miss that lol

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Hi Shirley

This morning at breakfast I counted 9 tables of 2 inside and there are many more outside. We were there before 8 am and there were only 1 or 2 other groups there. It may get busier later in the morning but even so there are quite a lot of tables. I'm not sure what time of year you are traveling but last time when we were here during christmas (peak season) there were certainly enough tables for 2.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Fabulous melnjohn , I saw a piccie which showed some huge long tables and it just put me off a little , now I am happy so am going to book, enjoy the rest of your stay and Thankyou.

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couple of questions re smile house

Stayed at the Smile house several times - I made the same decision as you several years ago to save money, and have not been dissapointed. Enjoy your breakfast over looking to koh phangan - great staff, great hotel - you won't regret it - Enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Bophut