We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Hi,

Please advise typical fare.

Also any comments re a Thai restaurant/ small hotel next door to Melati resort?

Thank you,

Bonhomie

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

About TH 120.- per person by minibus or THB 500.- for a private car (SUV).

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

hi guys

www.samuiislandexplorer.com would be about 350 baht

for the trip [not per person]

contact them by email or facebook

we use these guys regularly for airport transfers,they are very competitively priced

the hotel next door to melati is called tongson bay bungalows

there is a restaurant there as well

on the other side of melati is a private villa development

cheers

DC

UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Thanks to all for replies, much appreciated.

Just saw latest review for Melati Beach Resort and also mentions construction next door!

So looking forward to holiday, now looks as though will be spoilt by building noise and a

mad dash for sunbeds! :(

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Hopefully you won't be bothered by noise but if you are I would move as they didn't advise you about the building on the other side, anyway have a safe trip and let us know how it went.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

They were doing construction on the left hand side of the resort (when facing the sea that is) when we were there last June. We had a room right next to the wall too and we were not that bothered with it all (and I am fussy). There was some hammering etc during the day, but I could not hear this from my room and definately not from the beach/pool area.

Of course, I can't say whether it will be the same for you when you are there.

Also, the restaurant next door is really great!! We ate lunch there on a few days and it was really good. The guy that owns it is really friendly and they also have a taxi service and laundry service which is very handy.

The taxi is much cheaper than Melati transfers. We got his mobile number and just called him when we wanted to be picked up. Very promt and good prices. Would definately recommend.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 01:31
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Feel free to PM me if you want more info on Melati :)

Tokyo, Japan
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Hi,

I was worried about the construction noise next door too. Sent an e-mail to the hotel a few days ago, crossing fingers that I'd get some good news.

Will let you know about the results. We're planning to stay there in mid-March.

Trier

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
557 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Hi there,

sorry cant comment on the construction, but if your search on the Internet for Airport transfers you will find a few compnaies that will give you competitive prices and look after you throughout your stay, if taxi service is required.

Good luck and safe journey

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

We are staying here early march and just contacted the hotel re construction. They advised that the noisy phase of construction is complete and now it's mainly just painting and decorating. Hopefully that's correct.

We went for a hotel arranged transfer 600thb for convenience and will then look at cheaper taxi options (or even hire car) once we're there.

We have a 3 year old and would love to hear any comments of what we should do and dining options.

Thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Samui Airport to Melati Beach Resort

Hi

We had lunch at the Melati beach restaurant early Jan. we noticed they have constructions next store and seen the workers ups and around the building site but we didn't hear any noise coming from them at all. I think you should find and as the hotel advised it looks like the noises phrase are finished.

Dinning options there's small resort's restaurant next to Melati and for more options of restaurants head to cheongmon beach ( not too far from Melati). Or catch taxi to either chaweng or bophut ( fisherman village. If you're there Friday night they have walking street with lots of locals food and coattails stalls to be sample).

There's football / soccer golf you son might like to do and there is water park in Lamai ( samll one). More things to do listed in FAQ on the right hand side of this page.

Happy holiday :)

Get answers to your questions about Bophut