We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tongsai Bay - isolated?

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
368 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Tongsai Bay - isolated?

We are thinking of going to Koh Samui in August and like the look of Tongsai Bay. We like a quiet resort in the day with few children but also like to walk out at night to local restaurants and markets. Would it be too isolated here for us? Any advice or alternatives would be welcome.

england
Level Contributor
368 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tongsai Bay - isolated?

Thank you, so many ideas to check out!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tongsai Bay - isolated?

Hi, my partner and I have already decided on Tongsai Bay for our holiday at the end of August.

Our plan is to visit the Lamai Sunday Night market and also Big buddha.

How much will each cab trip cost us? and roughly how long will each trip takes? (from Tongsai bay)

I have done my homework and it seems we are quite some distance from Lamai and closer to Big Buddha. Just wanna know more to have a perfect holiday.

Edited: 09 August 2013, 13:15
Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tongsai Bay - isolated?

hi guys

lamai is 20 minutes away [with no traffic jams

big buddha is 5 minutes away [very unlikely any jams] except at the market beside the seatran ferry terminal at 5 pm as hundreds stop here on the way home from work and buy thier dinner for the evening

in choeng mon on wednesday evening there is also a wee night market with free thai music and dancing beside the lagoon outside Muang Samui Villas and suites resort

well worth a trip and only a few minutes down the road from tongsai

dont forget to try some of the 30 plus restaurants in choeng mon while you are here

there is a local taxi driver in choeng mon [new wave car rental] who is reasonable with prices

[but still bargain] for your taxi trips

it will still be cheaper to rent a car for the day /evening than 2 taxis fares to/from big buddha or lamai

cheers

DC

14. Re: Tongsai Bay - isolated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:19