We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can be done in Bophut?

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
What can be done in Bophut?

Hi, I'm planing a trip to Koh Samui with my wife and after a long research we picked Akaryn resort in Bophut, but we are still confused about what's near and what's far, what can be done? (Restaurants, shops, night life... is the fisherman village close?)... Thank you :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

Akaryn Resort is not in Bophut. I am not sure of it's exact location, but I believe it's around North Chewang or a bit higher up? I would google maps the exact location so you are sure of where you are booking.

Fishermans Village is a short cab ride away, but it's certainly not walking distance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

It appears to be between Cheong Mon and North Chewang, it's quite isolated.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

Thank you for your kind reply, do you recommend any good resort with a nice sea view rooms in a good location? I don't know where is the best beach front to stay at :)

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

Hi

Akaryn postal address is in bophut sub-district but is not actually on bophut beach. It is on Cheongmon beach. If beach front resort in bophut beach and close to fisherman village then Have a loom at Zazen, Hansar, water front beach resort, lawana resort and bohut spa and resort. Fisherman village is the hub for restaurants and bars with Friday night walking street.

If you want to be close to nightlife then either south Chaweng beach or cheongmon beach.

Cheongmon beach 10 mins by taxi to central chaweng for nightlife, plenty of restaurants and bars both on beach and on the road but quiet.

Sala Samui ( villas with sea view as the walls is high)

Maung Samui villas and suit

South chaweng beach, easy walk to shops bars and restaurants both on beach and on the main road 5 mins to nightlife center.

Samui resotel

Centara grand

Synergy beach resort

Samui paradise beach resort ( ocean from villas)

Baan Talay

Have a look for those above some are budget some are not. Perhaps tell us what's your budget per night of would be easy to morrow it down.

Cheers,

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

Hey thanks a lot I will take a look on the list you mentioned and will get back to you once we make our final choice :) thanks again!

Cheers!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

hi guys

Akaryn is about 500 metres out from choeng mon [towards chaweng ]

so its not isolated if you have transport [not much in walking distance ]

the beach is not too bad there with great restaurantand choeng mon just down the road with many many restaurants to choose from

[wednesday night market is very good

fishermans village is 15 minutes away

samui you can drive around in about 1.5 hours so the island is not very big to explore

hope this helps

DC

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

Thank you all, you were very helpful! I think we are going to book at Hansar :) Hope it will be a good vacation! Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

you won't be disappointed with the Hansar. It's our favorite on the island and it's gorgeous.

9. Re: What can be done in Bophut?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bophut