We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out?

Chesterfield...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
eating out?

any good restaurants or decent pubs in the area please>

7 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,834 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out?

For a good selection of restaurants you really need to go to St Pauls Bay or Bugibba.

There is plenty of choice there and is only a few minues bus ride or 40 minute walk.

Graham

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out?

In St. Pauls Bay you will find a lovely restaurant called Tarragon (Church St.) tel. no.+356 21573759. The owner /chef is called Marvin and his staff especially his sister look after you brilliantly and the food is excellent. We went twice, closed I think on Tuesdays. Ask for a ‘ window table’, lovely views.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,834 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out?

Macl1uk.

I don`t know that restaurant.

Could you please give me some directions ??

Thank you .

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out?

Graham

Its in Church street , but on the expensive side for my tastes ! You have to pay good for good food I gue$$$$$$!

Not my area when it comes to Restaurants in St Pauls bay ...sorry Mary .

Welcome to Malta

Occasionally go for a beer at the Red Lion Pub !

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out?

Plenty of reviews here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g608948-Bugibb…

Cannot go wrong with all this choice

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out?

I had a look around Xemxija With a view to it being an ideal location for an holiday home and noticed an handful of nice looking restaurants and bars including a couple overlooking the Bay. There are some small shops / supermarkets too. Very hilly but a nice residential area well located and close enough to Bugibba so as not to be too remote.

Edited: 14 April 2012, 08:48
Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out?

This always got good write up's but not sure if it's still there or not planetmona.com/reviews-on-planetmona/…3130 same applies here but they don't seem to do much Maltese food any more but we have very fond memories of this place http://il-veccia.com/ but to be honest if it was us we wouldn't bother with anywhere in SPB to eat out, my advice would be to head the other way up hill to Mgarr, so many good places to eat real Maltese food you just can't go wrong and it's not that far, Xemxija itself by the way is a lovely part of Malta, got some very happy memories of that area.

Reply to: eating out?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Xemxija
Recent Conversations