We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiburi Resort

Jersey C.I, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Santiburi Resort

Hi everyone & Merry Christmas!! :-)

My husband and I are staying at the Santiburi resort for a week in just over 3 weeks time. Its our first time in Samui & we are very excited!!

Has anyone been to this resort and have any comments on activities etc?

Also, I heard that there is a small fisherman's village near by, could anyone advise how to get there or long it takes to get there (walking) from Santiburi? Any restaurants that are recommended??

Thanks everyone!

Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiburi Resort

Hi

We stopped at the Santiburi for 3 weeks last January and we are returning for a month in 3 weeks (16th Jan) its a great place to stay the staff cant do enough for you.

There is a night market on a Thursday that is about 5 mins walk from the resort the main Fishermans Village market is on a Friday night but you would need to get a Songthaew (50Bht) as its a fair way from the resort but worth the trip.

The food in the resort is excellent but expensive but there are restaurants within walking distance.

Roy

Jersey C.I, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiburi Resort

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your message. WOW if you're going back there for a month then it must be good! :-)

We will probably have a few meals in the resort but would like to eat in some local restaurants too. Are there any that you would recommend that are walking distance away?

Thanks for the advice on the fishermans village, we will probably do it just to get out and about etc.

Thanks and may see you there as we arrive on 19th Jan!

Stef

Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiburi Resort

Hi Stef

Sorry I cant help with restaurants as I only know by sight not by name.

You should check out the Resort for Monday, 23rd January it;s Chinese New Year and they put on good food and a great show for the guests if this year was anything to go by.

Roy

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Santiburi Resort

Hi Santiburi is superb, has the best beach bit in entire Maehan, clean and broken bottle free and rubbish free, we have to travel all the way to Nathon to get sunbeds on a decent beach. Bar prices are naturally more expensive. If you turn left out of Santiburi hotel you will find Fah Kitchen, food fab., fishermans village called Mr Frog - great food and cheap, meal for two about £8 naturally drinks are more, £1.60 for a beer, spirit with mixer about £3.50 Fishermans has big even Friday night where you can get cocktails from £1 each, there is also another market on Thursday in Maenam - cheap cocktails. Ne very careful if you are considering car hire, the insurance covers you for nothing, I have spent 4 weeks trying to hire from Avis and they ave not even replied. When you enquire at the hotel for hire car they will quote you about £30 per day, my advise arrange it before you get here with GOOD insurance. Local bus, is 50 baht a journey about £1, however after 6pm they charge same rates as a Taxi, a 10 k journey is about £8, however you can walk from fishermans village to Santiburi, if you take a taxi you MUST agree the price before, try bartering, if you do not you will pay through the roof.

Jersey C.I, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santiburi Resort

Hi Roy & Tracy H,

Thanks so much for your comments.

We will be there on 23rd January so will definitely check out the resort for chinese new year...sounds great, thanks for letting us know Roy.

Tracy H - thanks for your restaurant recommendations. When you say turn left out of the resort to find the restaurants do you mean beach side or front entrance? Sorry... :-)

Thanks both for all your help & Happy new Year x

6. Re: Santiburi Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Mae Nam