We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Which Grand Anse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Sitting at Coyaba Beach Resort (Grand Anse Beach), 11:30 local time, and we have BOOMING Caribbean soca "music" (using the term lightly) rattling our skulls. Super-serious romance killer. We would be more in the mood if my mother was sharing the room. It feels like we're at a Metallica concert, except that it sounds a lot more like yelling at the crowd than a serious attempt at music. I guess this is the Grenada 'charm' ???

This is the week *after* carnival, when you would think things are quieting down.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

We visited early Dec 2013, stayed right on Grand Anse beach and it was very quiet.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Usually it's not that loud, except maybe on Sundays when the locals go to the beach to enjoy it. They do love their soca music. As with anywhere, music is subjective. What you like to listen to may not be the choice of another.

Winston-Salem
Level Contributor
163 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Was this on a Friday night? I noticed Wall Street goes all night on Fridays and stays loud 'fo de mornin'

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

To put this one to bed there was a party on camerhogne park that evening, it was a carnival related thing. Grenadians party hard late and loud. The correct response is to join the dance, tell then to turn up the bass and order a Cuba libre. No one is going to mind any of that. In terms of passion killing, have you ever seen a Grenadian dance, it's the diametric opposite. As a white male of reasonably advanced years, I accept, am proud even that during carnival Grenadian women are likely to grope any man, even me, at local dances.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8,401 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Bob.. I have to agree.

11.30 isn't exactly late, is it?

4.am might be a different matter, but at least the OP didn't have to get up early for work the following morning.

We love the whole vibe of Grenada, and the people who really know how to kick back, relax and enjoy themselves.

As for " passion" , we find late afternoon to be just, if not more, enjoyable, than 11.30 pm !

A few of barman Stanley's cocktails at the Coyaba in the evening tend to have an effect on Mr Mondial's performance, and I don't mean his musicianship !

Warm regards

Mon.

Bismarck, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Ha! We will be taking our first trip to Grenada in March for 1 week. This post made me laugh. Some people just don't know how to have a good time.

You should have most certainly investigated the music and joined the party.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8,401 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Chris A

I hope you have a great trip. We love Grenada for all the right reasons... The beaches, the scenery, the wonderfully warm and hospitable people, the warm seas, the cool breezes, the fabulously fresh fish, the rum, the history, the blue skies and occasional fluffy white clouds, the chocolate, the nutmeg and spices, and, dare I say it, the music!

So utterly unlike Miami where the OP hails from....

Warm, relaxed regards from the UK..

Sleep well folks..

Mon

13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Friday & Saturday nights the locals tend to gather in the park area on the back side of Coyaba. We walked through there and was able to try some good local food from the locals. They had a few tents and food trucks. The locals are generally happy... the charm of Grenada!

Habich
Level Contributor
808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

I thought the OP was talking about 11:30 in the morning.....Oh, I see the time of the posting......

Edited: 23 September 2014, 11:22
Frenchtown, NJ
Level Contributor
286 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it always this nausiatingly loud? Serious romance killer.

Now I know where I'm going Friday night! Thanks!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Grand Anse
Recent Conversations