We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Gym

Bodmin, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Gym

Hi,

We have stayed at the CP a couple of years ago. Going back in October and can't wait!

Since then have started going to the gym and I know that I will find it harder to get back to it if I don't go at all whilst we are away.

Can't find an photos of the gym on line so...

What equipment have they got?

How modern is it?

Is it air conned?

Is there somewhere our son could sit and watch his DVD player while we work out? (He's five)

Any info welcome!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Gym

Try to take some authentic Muay Thai sessions instead.? More fun, Thai experience, and a great workout.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Gym

Sorry...Don't know what the CP is...??...

However,like yourself,we wanted to workout in Phuket as well...

We stayed at the Horizon/Karon and they had a gym...It was only a small gym and I feel,underequipped especially if there are more than 2 persons working out...

I have found this in a couple of resorts...Their gyms are mini gyms and I don't think suitable for a serious workout...

There are however large gyms in Patong which cater for everybody....and are quite reasonably priced....

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Gym

From memory the gym entrance is the same as the business centre. We used that for a late check out 2 yrs ago. The gym looked reasonably sized with a range of equipment. I saw people in there every morning on my way to breakfast. Afraid all I remember were treadmills and a vague recollection of other equipment ....you can tell I am not a gym user :) Fairly sure there were staff stationed there to help as well. There is def a sauna and showers etc

The business centre had AC so I am sure the gym did too. Maybe they would let your son sit on the lounges and watch his DVD's while you work out.

Bodmin, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Gym

Thanks for the info.

I'm not exactly a gym bunny but having managed to get into a good habit I don't want to stop now. If I know what equipment is there I can make a plan before I go so that I don't flake out on day one... that's the plan anyway... hey no laughing at the back ;-)

5. Re: The Gym

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 06:17