We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi costs

Which Cape Panwa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi costs

Hi,

Does anyone know approximately how much a taxi will cost from Phuket Airport to Cape Panwa Hotel?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi costs

We paid 500 baht last July. Turn right as you leave the airport, walk to the end and the taxis are there. Tell the lady in the booth where you want to go, she tells you how much and a taxi appears, you pay the driver when you arrive.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi costs

Hi,

Expect tp pay around 700Baht to Cape Panwa

Julie

Taipei, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi costs

Hi,

Use this topic to ask a question about the taxi cost, too.

We'll go to Cape Panwa and stay at Radisson Plaza Resort in the end of October. I know the hotel has a shuttle bus to Central Festival, but we're afraid of not taking the bus on time. Does anyone know approximately how much a taxi or tuk tuk will cost from Radisson Plaza Resort to Central Festival?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi costs

Hi,

taxi or tuk tuk to Central Festival around 300/400 each way. You could hire a local car and driver and agree a fixed price which may be cheaper I will PM you with some telephone numbers.

Julie

Singapore
Level Contributor
413 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi costs

Yes , agreed with the above posting.

Hiring a car is definitely the cheapest way to move around in Phuket. I'll be flying off to Phuket tomorrow and had juz contacted one of the local car rental whose office is just a 3 mins drive fm the airport. Got a very good deal at 900 bahts/day for a Toyota Vios 1.5cc, auto. A one way taxi ride fm the airport to Karon where I'll be staying already cost 600 bahts,

Taipei, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi costs

Thanks to your advice. Does anyone know a local driver's phone number? I have no idea about this. If it's not convenient to post in pulic, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi costs

Maruko45

I have sent you a PM with info

Julie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi costs

Hi!

wondering about traffic around Phuket... a bit nervous it's crazy like Bangkok.???

thanks. Emeline.

9. Re: Taxi costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 05:15