We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
laundry

has anyone used the hotel laundry services ? anygoos?

Thanks

Canberra
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry

Don't know which hotel you are referring to, but we have found at the hotels we have stayed in it is more expensive than the laundry services off the street. There are laundry stalls everywhere. The going rate is 50 baht per kilo.

k

Canberra
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry

Oops, sorry, I didn't read your question properly, thought you were referring to Patong etc.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry

thanks but i was refering to cape panwa-is it safe to give the street vendors the laundry do you think?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry

We always get our laundry done at the first sign/shop that says laundry (next to a taxi place) you see as you leave the hotel. Much cheaper than the hotel becuase they charge per kilo not per item. Everything always comes back beautifully washed and ironed and packed in plastic bags. I often say I need to bring whoever does the washing home with me because they do a better job than I can! :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laundry

I have used various different street laundries and they are all great and soooo much cheaper than the hotels. If you want to have your clothes ironed make sure you mention that as there is usually a price for wash only and wash and iron.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laundry

Thanks for that ! as it is my first time in Thailand i am unsure of things hopefully i willcome back full of it !

I must say trip advisor forums are a great help with anything your unsure of when going to a new place. Thanks again

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: laundry

Hi,

Yes I have used the hotel laundry did a great job but so do the street laundries. Street laundries usually 60 baht per kilo.

Julie

8. Re: laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2011, 06:20