We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resturant prices

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
resturant prices

hi

staying at cape panwa in March. What are the prices for hotel versus local resturant? Any resturant recommendations for a 50 birthday celebration?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resturant prices

Hi Timbo

There are about 7 local cafes that are located around the 2 hotels at Cape Panwa that give you choices between seafood, Thai and Indian food. For 2 of us an entree, 2 dishes, rice and a couple of beers or softdrinks never cost more than $20 AU probably less mostly. Hill Top is one of our favourites (they give you fresh fruit on the house for dessert)

The hotels give you a choice of 5 restaurants, a couple of snack/lunch spots and several bars. Naturally the hotel is a tad more expensive. Probably the most expensive meal was $80 AU for 2 but we splurged that night (still cheaper than the same meal at home plus we had wine which isnt cheap in Thailand). The average with a couple of drinks was $50 for 2. The Cafe Andaman (main eating spot) often has theme nights such as seafood or steak where its all you can eat buffets, for a set price. I love these, choose your meat/seafood and its cooked freshly for you. So much yummy food I never knew where to start!

Hotel cocktails are 160 baht + 17%. Dont forget happy hours...2 drinks for the price of one.

For a special meal I would try Top of the Reef (seafood and steak) must admit I havent tried it but it gets rave reviews or Panwa House (Thai) which is on the beach in an old house with wonderful food and a great atmosphere. Another suggestion is dinner in Phuket Town a short taxi ride away at a restaurant called Natural http://phuketdir.com/naturalrestaurant/.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resturant prices

Hi Timbo,

The local restaurants other than the hotels are much cheaper you have the Sawadee next to the Kantary Bay an indian a few doors from the Sunset Bar the Sunset Bar is a great place to meet and have a drink run by Russell. Up the hill towards Cape Panwa Hotel you have Jamies Seafood Rest and The Hilltop. It depends what you have to eat but you can eat very well for under £10 for 2.

For a 50th birthday celebration if you want to push the boat out Baba's Pool Club at Sri Panwa is amazing you can dine and have cocktails with some tables set in the pool looking out to sea . Here is a link to Sri Panwa and Baba,s . They will also pick you up and take you back as it is up a long driveway.

www.sripanwa.com

I would also recommend Top of The Reef Cape Panwa and Panwa House.You can dine in the hotels restaurants from a set menu and can buy vouchers for 720B buy 10 get 3 free and buy 5 get 1 free the vouchers are only for the set menu if you wanted the A La Carte then you would have to pay the difference.

I would also recommend for a 50th The Natural Restaurant in Phuket Town it would cost around 300B in a taxi to get there only 15 minutes away but the restaurant is built in a tree on many platforms and the food is superb prices are cheap. Here is a link

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/natural_restaur…

The Beach Bar near the Novotel 5 minutes by taxi is also worth a visit for dining on the beach and great food

Julie

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resturant prices

if you are not already in thailand try The Chalet , bus will pick you up along the road from kantary bay, just got back from thailand it was our favourite restaurant , enjoy

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resturant prices

Is this a local bus or a bus belonging to the reataurant. Going next week Roudi

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: resturant prices

hi its a bus belonging to The Chalet there is a big sign by the road, always a young girl there, she will give you voucher for 10% off food, well worth a try you will love it regards janet

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: resturant prices

Hello could anyone tell me the prices for food and drink such as coke, beer vodka and other drink in and around cape panwa hotel and if there is many bar and restaurants walking distance and how much it would cost for taxis to towns were there is nightlife and how far away the clubs are, this would be a great help as this will be my first time in Thailand

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: resturant prices

Hi Steven

I cant tell u much more than I and others wrote earlier in this thread. Panwa is very quiet, one small bar and 6 or so small restaurants plus the hotels bars and restaurants. Most are over the hill in the bay area...free 2 minute bus runs all the time.

The hotel runs a mini bus into Patong every evening for a reasonable price if you want some livelier night life.

I will be there in under 2 weeks and will check out the current prices if u like..thats if I ever get out of Australia...my plane is delayed 12 hours atm :(

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: resturant prices

Thanks that would be a great help, hope you make it safe

9. Re: resturant prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 14:18