We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

Cardiff, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

Hello,

has anyone been to Cape Panwa Hotel or surrounding areas in Phuket in middle May-early June?

My fiance and I are hoping to go next year for our honeymoon, but we are worried about the rain!

Does anyone know if the beaches are still open and if swimming is ok?

Thanks!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

I have been in May/June,July and August over the last 4 years and the weather was great. The last trip (August) probably the rainiest but rarely all day...the usual hour tropical down pour and its all over. The rain is actually nice as it cools things down and hey its warm...not the cold wet miserable rain that you and I would experience in winter at home.

Cape Panwa hotels beach is lovely and calm, no surf. It is tidal so not swimmable all day but the hotel leaves a card in your room that tells you the best swimming times over the future week so you can plan your day around it. But there is a pool at the beach, one at in the main area of the hotel and a new one in the new junior suite block so there is always somewhere for a swim.

The beaches on Phukets west coast are unsafe at this time (monsoon) of year..nasty rips etc so Panwa is a good place for swimming at this time.

Its a lovely quiet spot and I think it would be perfect for your honeymoon dont let the weather put you off. Also if it rains thats a perfect time for a massage or a bit of shopping

Regards

Georgette

Cardiff, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

Hi Georgette,

Thank you very much for your response, you have put my mind at rest. The hotel looks amazing and we were really disappointed when we realised it might rain a lot.

As long as we can swim some of the time and sunbathe, a few rain showers are ok.

Can you recommend any nearby restaurants? Also have you stayed in the new rooms with the jacuzzi? We are hoping to book one.

Many thanks!

Caryl

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

Hi,

The new rooms with the Jacuzzi are beautiful. There are some lovely nearby restaurants James Seafood, Sea Breeze, Sawadee, The Chalet free pick up and return restaurant 5 minutes away. There is also one outside the entrance of Cape Panwa hotel can not remember its name. Natural restaurant in Phuket Town 15 minutes taxi is worth it. On top of the hotels 6 restaurants which are excellent and you can purchase dinner vouchers 720 baht buy 5 get 6 or buy 10 get 13. You also have Sri Panwa which is lovely and romantic for cocktails and dinner in a truly amazing setting. Cape Panwa is perfect for a honeymoon.

Julie

Cardiff, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

Thanks very much!

Anyone know if boat trips/diving are still run in May/June? We'd love to visit Phi Phi Island and go snorkelling/scuba diving if possible

Caryl

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

Hi Caryl

The hotel runs a trip with its own boat to Coral Island most days of the week, I dont think its very expensive, sometimes its part of the package you book with the hotel if they have specials on. It includes deck chair rental. You can also order a lunch box which was very tasty or you can take some money with you and buy lunch at the cafe that is there. Its a nice spot for snorkelling with "nemo" fish. At the other end of the beach I have seen speed boat rides on those banana things and parasailing.

The weather is unpredicatable at that time of year and sometimes trips to Phi Phi can be cancelled due to rough seas but we managed to go twice on lovely days. Can I suggest you look at http://www.phuketsailtours.com/ Captain Marks trips are amazing, a bit more expensive but worth every cent and he would never take his customers out if the weather was dangerous. He is popular so worth booking ahead. Most other tours are cheaper and better booked once in Thailand. You can book at the hotel or in the village where there are 2 tour desks. I was being offered discount taxis if I booked a trip a few weeks ago so worth haggling :)

I have stayed in the Cape Panwa Suites and they are amazing...worth every cent. Definately book one if its your honeymoon. Ask for an ocean view and make sure they know its your honeymoon.

Julies dinner suggestions are spot on. I would add "live india" for a change of cuisne and the one on the hill is now called Sabai Sabai, which I havent tried, it used to be Hill tops which has moved and is now Tree tops and they also pick up and drop off. For a really romantic dinner try Panwa House on the beach...a little exe but beautiful at night esp if there is a full moon.

Regards

Georgette

6. Re: Cape Panwa hotel, Phuket in May/June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 06:16